PDA

View Full Version : Mel Brooks

togor
11-09-2018, 06:20
Watching "Young Frankenstein" tonight. The movie actually holds up! Anyways, Mel, who is still with us, was a sapper with the 78th Infantry division in Europe. We could give him a Garand or Carbine and his muscle memory would kick in. Who knew?

dryheat
11-09-2018, 08:32
Dr., if I could just give you a little peace.

Major Tom
11-10-2018, 04:35
Mel is a favorite of mine. I enjoy all his movies.

m1ashooter
11-10-2018, 08:21
His classic Blazing Saddles couldn't be made today. I love his stuff.

Mark in Ottawa
11-10-2018, 08:46
I think that Young Frankenstein has the single funniest line in movies. Early on, there is a scene where they arrive at the castle and Igor gets off the wagon to knock on the castle door. The door knockers are two huge iron rings that Igor smashes against the door. As he is doing this, Dr Frankenstein is helping a beautiful and well endowed young lady down from the wagon. He looks at Igor and says to him "great knockers" to which comment, the young lady says "thank you".

Vern Humphrey
11-10-2018, 09:31
Eddie Albert ("Green Acres") was in the Navy. At the battle of Tarawa disobeyed his orders to collect reusable supplies from the initial landing and instead rescued over 40 marines who were trapped offshore under heavy machine gun fire.

Allen
11-10-2018, 09:47
Eddie Albert ("Green Acres") was in the Navy. At the battle of Tarawa disobeyed his orders to collect reusable supplies from the initial landing and instead rescued over 40 marines who were trapped offshore under heavy machine gun fire.

You won't see anything like that these days from the Hollywood bunch unless it's perhaps for another country.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that Young Frankenstein has the single funniest line in movies. Early on, there is a scene where they arrive at the castle and Igor gets off the wagon to knock on the castle door. The door knockers are two huge iron rings that Igor smashes against the door. As he is doing this, Dr Frankenstein is helping a beautiful and well endowed young lady down from the wagon. He looks at Igor and says to him "great knockers" to which comment, the young lady says "thank you".

Teri Garr starred in that movie. Very easy on the eyes back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB_aegewceU

Roadkingtrax
11-10-2018, 09:59
Allen mistakes military service with only being a famous actor.

He doesn't realize there are literally hundreds of actors and actresses with military service. Too bad.

Vern Humphrey
11-10-2018, 02:58
What Hunter said to Wingate.

Roadkingtrax
11-10-2018, 03:05
What Hunter said to Wingate.

Thy record is broken!

m1ashooter
11-10-2018, 09:11
Allen mistakes military service with only being a famous actor.

He doesn't realize there are literally hundreds of actors and actresses with military service. Too bad.

I only know of one current actor who is a Veteran of our current wars. Do you know any more?

Roadkingtrax
11-10-2018, 09:16
I only know of one current actor who is a Veteran of our current wars. Do you know any more?

Which one?

dryheat
11-10-2018, 10:32
He asked you first.

Roadkingtrax
11-11-2018, 01:25
He asked you first.

Ha...fun game. I made the distinction that there must be actors that were veterans, just not known. He implied "combat" veteran, a claim I did not make, so I was curious myself.

I did think of a famous actor with military service, Adam Driver.

togor
11-11-2018, 05:18
How about much of the cast of "The 15:17 To Paris"? Enjoyed the movie. You can tell they're servicemen and servicewomen first, actors second.