PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick peek at...

Fred
11-11-2018, 09:53
Things

Allen
11-12-2018, 01:31
Looks like some great items Fred. Are you thinning your herd or making way for other interest?

Fred
11-12-2018, 02:22
Oh I'm just getting rid of it all because I've lost interest in it.
I've decided to let somebody else have it.

dryheat
11-12-2018, 06:46
Let's not start this.

Fred
11-12-2018, 08:18
???
What seems to be the problem?

dryheat
11-12-2018, 09:11
It's frowned upon. There are other venues.

togor
11-13-2018, 12:31
I don't see a problem with the posts. Not like we're drowning in threads here.

Major Tom
11-18-2018, 02:35
Fred, are you selling on Gunbroker, or?

Fred
11-20-2018, 06:20
No, I’m going to sell the entire large grouping of stuff that I had previously pictured, plus more, in one lot on eBay I think.

Allen
11-20-2018, 06:52
Not trying to nose into your business but be careful on ebay. Starting your auction at a low price (say $1) will get you more bids and get the interest up but you could also get burned if no bidding wars break out and most bids occur during the last few seconds. Starting with a high price or putting a reserve on it protects you but discourages others from bidding feeling it is overpriced. If you haven't already done so you may want to check similar auctions and see how the seller presented it and what kind of $ these items are bringing. May want to break down into smaller lots in case you do get burned on one of your auctions you won't lose it all. If selling on GB you can let the auction run over and over till it sells where on ebay you get charged every time you relist. Just my .02 worth.

Fred
11-20-2018, 10:45
Thanks Allen. I’ve decided to just put a buy it now price on the whole pile of stuff just to get it out of the house. Box it up and ship it off. In two big boxes probably. I’ve found other stuff to add to the pile. Most of the WWI stuff is unissued. All of it is good collectible stuff that will increase in value.
I’m going to price it at and even below 50% of what the things have actually been selling for.
Then I’ll have a little extra cash to throw into some other amusing thing I’ve been thinking about.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone would like some photos of the stuff, I can email them to you. Let me know.

JohnMOhio
11-21-2018, 09:16
Can't wait to see what the "amusing thing" you have been thinking about.

S.A. Boggs
11-22-2018, 02:52
Can't wait to see what the "amusing thing" you have been thinking about.

I wonder what new stuff he will be building.:icon_scratch:
Sam

Merc
11-29-2018, 05:32
Fred,

I don’t think you’ll be able to sell the pistol on eBay. I’ve never sold anything there so I’m not at all familiar with their rules regarding what is and isn’t acceptable, but I’ve yet to see a firearm for sale or up for auction on eBay. According to some of our members, eBay is very liberal and therefore anti-gun and they weren’t pleased that I even mentioned the company name. Gunbrokers.com is probably the best alternative for the pistol and everything else can go up on (you know who).

Good luck. Let us know when you post it.

Fred
12-12-2018, 05:46
We’re not selling the 1917 S&W. Or the 1911 Colt made in 1918.
Only the large grouping of WWI web gear and stuff is going to be sold.
I’ve already sold the Spanish American War stuff.
Two Krag bayonets and scabbards, one web cartridge belt with loops for ammo, one round Canteen and leather strap with US stencilled on the cover. All sold for $300.00.
I’ll be putting the WWI gear up on eBay soon.

Ida put the photos of everything back up here for you guys to look at, but dryheat didn’t think it was a good thing.
So, it’s going up on eBay shortly as one grouping, for one low price.

JB White
12-12-2018, 06:34
Fred, just a suggestion if I may? Since your price is already set, why not post them up on the 'For Sale/Wanted' board with a "No Trades" clause?
You'll be able to sell them directly to site members while avoiding the ebay BS.

Sorry to say I am no longer in the market for such things as $300 for that lot was a nice deal. However it might be easier on you.

Fred
12-12-2018, 07:06
JB, I didn’t want to try to sell everything individually. There’s just too many items and it’d cost me a fortune to ship it all piece by piece.
It’s a great haul and there’ll be lots of room for a buyer to make a good profit from it if they want to sell it.
Maybe even double their money if they wanted to.
I haven’t set a price in my mind yet because I’m a still looking for the Five WWI helmets that I want to add to the pile.
Actually, one of them is an Excellent conditioned post WWI helmet that was the type worn by the men on Corregidor in 1942. It would go well with somebody’s 1903 Springfield.
I’ll tell you what though, when I get the pile of stuff all together for photos, before I put it up on eBay, I’ll post a single picture of the lot here on this thread to let anyone who’ll be wondering about it know that it’ll be posted up on eBay shortly afterwards.
I’m pricing the items at around 50% or less of what I’ve seen them actually go for.
That Pistol Belt and 1917 Holster and Half Moon clip ammo pouch I’m pricing at around $150.00. However it isn’t being sold separately.

JB White
12-13-2018, 04:26
I'm sure you could sell lots on the trader board, but it's just food for thought. By all means do whatever you are most comfortable with.
I wouldn't recommend selling lots on a show table. I tried that with some smaller items surplus to my needs once before. People want to nitpick and separate as if it's a garage sale...and they will not leave you alone! Not worth the aggravation and the frustration that comes with it. Certainly when you know it's already priced to move, yet they want things for a dime.

Greyjoy
12-13-2018, 06:11
i love the bag, wow.

Fred
12-13-2018, 12:15
What bag are you speaking of Greyjoy?

Fred
01-14-2019, 07:23
OK, I’ve posted my notice in the Militaria forum here of where I’m listing the WWI field gear I’m getting rid of.