PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Wood

S.A. Boggs
01-04-2019, 12:42
Been getting a fair amount of pallets that state MADE IN CANADA, if you see these avoid them like the plague. First off they are well built sturdy structure, very heavy. Cannot pry them apart, have to cut the nails. I have to use a carbide tipped blade to cut the wood, quickly dulls anything else. Any scraps I have that I toss into the wood burner does something very strange. The wood just sits there and sizzles, sounds like MIAMI! This wood is tougher the wood peckers lips! I am NOT GOING TO USE IT IN MY HOUSE! Backstop on my firing range would be better, I seriously doubt that any 30-06 would dent that darn stuff!
Sam

Sunray
01-05-2019, 10:16
Made for shipping our beer. snicker.
Probably treated if the wood doesn't burn. Lots of chemicals.

jon_norstog
01-05-2019, 10:41
Sou8nds like good stuff to avoid. Thanks for the warning, S.A.

Mark in Ottawa
01-10-2019, 07:34
If the wood has been treated with something like pentachlorophenal (the green wood preservative), I would strongly suggest that you not burn it. I understand that the fumes contain carcinogens

tmark
01-10-2019, 07:44
I feel the same about Canadian pennies; too hard to spend here in the U.S.

S.A. Boggs
01-11-2019, 01:22
If the wood has been treated with something like pentachlorophenal (the green wood preservative), I would strongly suggest that you not burn it. I understand that the fumes contain carcinogens

Any wood that is questionable goes to an outside burn pile as a precaution.
Sam

Sunray
01-11-2019, 09:49
Canadian pennies are no longer in circulation. Cost more than one cent to make.

lyman
01-11-2019, 09:53
IIRC , pallets used for international shipping are treated with pesticides,

gwp
01-11-2019, 10:14
I feel the same about Canadian pennies; too hard to spend here in the U.S.

At least the Canadian pennies are solid copper.