PDA

View Full Version : good old fashioned customer service

PaFrank
03-05-2019, 03:37
the powder hopper on my little dandy powder measure developed a crack and became loose... I looked on RCBS website for a replacement but it wasn't listed...

I wrote them asking if it was available, and they responded telling me that they are sending me a replacement hopper at no charge.

I was all ready to cough up a few bucks for a new oen, and they came through!

Sako
03-05-2019, 07:01
RCBS has always been top notch on customer care.

tmark
03-05-2019, 07:23
I broke a decapping rod from my ten dollar Lee loading kit trying to to remove berdan primers from GI 06 brass. I told Lee this and they sent me a replacement anyway free of charge.

JB White
03-06-2019, 12:06
I broke a decapping rod from my ten dollar Lee loading kit trying to to remove berdan primers from GI 06 brass. I told Lee this and they sent me a replacement anyway free of charge.

I'm curious. About how long ago was that?

tmark
03-06-2019, 07:36
About 15 to 20 years ago.

JB White
03-07-2019, 07:26
About 8 to 10 years ago the old plastic bullet seater broke in one of my dies. The threads finally jumped to where it was impossible to seat a bullet. Lee offered to sell me one at retail plus S&H.
Cheap castings keep breaking in their priming tools too. I've been picking up parts from gun show junk bins to keep my Lee tools going.
Their guarantee is so long as you don't throw it away, you'll have it for a lifetime.

The only things I have ever broken using Lyman or RCBS are a few decapping pins while working military brass. I consider the pins as routine maintenance. Not product failure.

Back on topic: The very best customer service I have ever had was from Aimpoint. They went so far as to replace theirs with a competitors on the second failure. They no longer sell that short lived model. It was the follow-up calls and the sincere apologies which won me over.
Their engineers were truly concerned. Wanting to know my firearm, my loadings, and type of shooting etc.
Aimpoint cares about their reputation.

tmark
03-07-2019, 07:11
After I broke my deprimming tool on military brass, I bought a punch from House Depot that is guaranteed for life. When one bent/broke, I returned it and got another one free of charge.

Fred Pillot
03-07-2019, 07:34
I've found that if you grind the decaping pin to a stubby length, they are way more durable.

Former Cav
03-15-2019, 04:49
never broke a primer puncher on my dillon. Even pushed a hole through the brass and shoved the primer out.
did the same on an alum blazer "brass" once before I realized it what happend (I thought it was a nickel case it was so shiney).
it did fire and I made sure to trash it that time.
oh, and BTW...they gave me a new press when I brought my 550 B in for a rebuild.

tmark
03-16-2019, 07:40
Excellent suggestion.

JB White
03-17-2019, 06:46
I'll keep in mind to try shortening a recapping pin in one or two of my Lyman dies just to see for myself. I bought a couple packs of pins a long while back so I do have a few spares left to sacrifice for the sake of experience.
Thanks for a tip worth trying.