PDA

View Full Version : Measles Epidemic

Major Tom
03-14-2019, 06:28
Iowa law says that all pet groomers must have paper work on pets that come into their shops, ie: vaccination records. That prevents other pets and people from contracting diseases. Now, think about this! People can send their kids to school with no vaccination records requiered!

oscars
03-14-2019, 08:38
What are you talking about? Iowa has fairly stringent VAX requirements (certificate required) for enrollment. There are, however, religious and medical exemptions allowed with documentation. In case of an outbreak, unVAXed kids can be denied arrendance.

togor
03-14-2019, 08:54
Rule should be that the kid can't come to school unless they have proof of the disease itself or vaccination. Or a notarized affidavit from God saying this person is exempt from getting the disease. That leaves the home schoolers.

Sunray
03-14-2019, 10:30
"...has fairly stringent..." So does Ontario. However, they do not send a kid home who shows up with a simple cold. If you stay away from kids and people who have kids or handle 'em you don't get sick. Helps if you can stay off public transit too.
Apparently, all 50 States allow vaccination exemptions for medical reasons. 48 of 'em for religious reasons and 20 for philosophical reasons.
Mind you, there is no measles 'epidemic'. Just some localized outbreaks primarily among unvaccinated people.

dryheat
03-14-2019, 05:52
I guess the Hillbilly in my family allowed me to get chickenpox, mumps, measles. It didn't kill me. Probably didn't help either. I have gotten the shingles shots(the first was experimental and then the one that hopefully works). But, what with all the flux and flow of people today I'd sure get any shot I could for my kids. It's kind of the reverse of what happened to the Native Americans when the pilgrims ect. arrived. Now we have new arrivals here and we may not be prepared what what all they are carrying.

Major Tom
03-15-2019, 04:26
What are you talking about? Iowa has fairly stringent VAX requirements (certificate required) for enrollment. There are, however, religious and medical exemptions allowed with documentation. In case of an outbreak, unVAXed kids can be denied arrendance.

A family we know do not have their kids vaccinated because of their personal beliefs. They mingle with the population, but are home schooled.

S.A. Boggs
03-15-2019, 04:28
I guess the Hillbilly in my family allowed me to get chickenpox, mumps, measles. It didn't kill me. Probably didn't help either. I have gotten the shingles shots(the first was experimental and then the one that hopefully works). But, what with all the flux and flow of people today I'd sure get any shot I could for my kids. It's kind of the reverse of what happened to the Native Americans when the pilgrims ect. arrived. Now we have new arrivals here and we may not be prepared what what all they are carrying.

What happens then is another question some do not want asked.
Sam