PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

bruce
03-22-2019, 03:23
Bad fall Wed at 5 pm. Broke left hand. Hit head hard. Blinded for about 5 minutes. CAT scan showed no bleeding, etc. Will have to be quiet Sat. Will preach both services Sunday. Will have out patient surgery Mon. at 9 am. Therapy will follow. Big mess. Ask prayer for owner of commercial boat where fall occurred. Ask prayer for surgeon. Please remember me in your prayers. Sincerely. bruce.

PWC
03-22-2019, 03:54
Sorry to hear, certainly I'll add you to the prayer list.

S.A. Boggs
03-22-2019, 04:28
Will Do!
Sam

blackhawknj
03-22-2019, 04:32
Sent. A full recovery brother !

togor
03-22-2019, 04:49
Peace and healing to you, Bruce.

JOHN COOK
03-22-2019, 05:29
Will pray for you and will mention your situation to my Sunday school class. We have a long list on our prayer request.

john in SC

Allen
03-22-2019, 07:32
Get well soon. Give us updates when you can.

Merc
03-22-2019, 07:49
That’s terrible news Bruce, but you have all of us pulling for a speedy and complete recovery. Keep us posted on your progress.

M1Tommy
03-22-2019, 08:23
Sir, I hear you, and , more importantly, so will our Lord.
very best wishes.
Sincerely, Tommy

Roadkingtrax
03-22-2019, 08:48
A speedy recovery to you!

kj47
03-23-2019, 05:45
Hope you have a speedy recovery.

m1ashooter
03-23-2019, 09:54
Prayers out.

Allen
03-25-2019, 03:36
I see you have responded to a couple of threads here today including one of mine.

Did you have the surgery today? Either way it looks like you are out of the woods?

bruce
03-25-2019, 07:32
Sorry. In at 9 am. Back to surgery at 12:15 pm. Out at 1:30 pm. Home 2:30 pm. Hurts which is to be expected. Tube down throat ... sore. Number of church members present ... prayed for Hazel and me. Good doctor. Got everything back together w/ wire, screws, etc. Later the hardware will be removed. Have been told no driving for several weeks since my car is a shift. Will borrow a automatic. Profoundly thankful for the way the Sunday School class took care of me. That lick to my head was massive. Thank God Almighty that my vision returned. Being blinded after the fall was extremely frightening. Covet your prayers. Sincerely. bruce.

M1Tommy
03-25-2019, 07:39
Good reading the positive outcome to date.
very sincerely, Tommy

Allen
03-25-2019, 07:42
Our lives can instantly change a lot w/o any notice. Just what you needed was more pain on top of what already happened. Sorry you're having to go through this but it should only get better from here on out. Looks like the prayers worked.

bruce
03-26-2019, 05:23
Woke up at 7 am. Hand is thumping pretty good. Hazel will have to leave for work shortly. Back Friday night. Till then I'll be batching it. She has left plenty in the refrigerator. Going to avoid doing anything at all that will make my hand ache worse. Sincerely. bruce

JB White
03-26-2019, 07:26
Pleased to hear that you're in good hands and on the mend. Thankfully your eyesight is intact.
Have you checked in with the boat owner yet? I'm sure he would like to know you're still among the living.
That is so long as the insurance company isn't playing games which is usually what they feel they must do. Don't ever say you are fine or doing OK etc. unless you can pay for everything and not miss it.
I'm certain you know that but a little reminder couldn't hurt.

barretcreek
03-26-2019, 07:46
Bruce,
Will remember you in my prayers; friends and friend's parents are having trying times as well. Wish you an uncomplicated recovery.

retread12345
03-26-2019, 04:32
PRAYERS out to you both . Follow the medication schedule, it helps

bruce
03-26-2019, 05:46
Not a good day. Hand woke me up at 6 am. Going to bed early. Have had enough. Scared of oxycontin but took one about an hour ago. Sincerely. bruce.

JB White
03-27-2019, 04:23
Can you take ibuprofen? 600 to 800 mg works well for pain and it combats the inflammation. It was what worked for me after I had my bicep reattached. The surgery was more painful than the injury itself for several days.

bruce
03-27-2019, 11:09
Can't take ibuprofen or anything else that can cause bleeding. Found elevating my hand helps. Sincerely. bruce.

retread12345
03-27-2019, 02:58
Please keep yourself, if possible , a log of when you take them and dosage . It can be treacherous stuff Prayers out

bruce
03-27-2019, 03:49
I only take the stuff so that I can sleep. It really hurts though during the day. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow. Sincerely. bruce.

Merc
03-28-2019, 05:57
Bruce,

Oxy never worked as well for me as OTC pain relievers. You should be able to take Tylenol. Just make sure you follow the dosage instructions carefully. The NSAIDs can cause bleeding if taken for long periods and should be avoided if you’re on a blood thinner. Ice usually will help deaden the pain. “Stop Pain” menthol spray or roll on also works once the bandage is off. Avoid getting any in the incision. It also works well for arthritis.

bruce
03-28-2019, 10:17
Yesterday was tough. Today things are much better. Youth minister at my church came by and took me to Burger King. He said the children's group was gonna bring me some supper tonight. Hazel will be here tomorrow night. Things are starting to look up. Doctors appointment is Tuesday. Guess I'll get to look and see what it looks like then. Very much appreciate your prayerful concern. Sincerely. bruce.

IditarodJoe
03-28-2019, 06:57
I'll pray for you, Bruce.

"Give thanks to the Lord though your testing seems long;
In darkness He giveth a song" - Ron Hamilton

S.A. Boggs
03-29-2019, 01:53
When I got sick I was given a key fob, "THE MORE YOU COMPLAIN THE LONGER THE LORD WILL LET YOU LIVE!" just something to think about. God loves you!:1948:
Sam

Merc
04-01-2019, 04:44
Bruce,

How’re you feeling?

Merc

bruce
04-01-2019, 06:59
Yesterday was OK. Did both the morning services. Missed a 2:30 PM meeting. Finally got to sleep about 10 o'clock. Woke up this morning at 7:30 AM. Have been able to avoid taking anything other than Tylenol. Going to see if I can sleep tonight without anything else. We'll see. Got a 10:30 AM doctors appointment. Guess I'll find out what the doctor says tomorrow. Very much appreciate your prayers! Sincerely. bruce.

S.A. Boggs
04-02-2019, 01:54
Yesterday was OK. Did both the morning services. Missed a 2:30 PM meeting. Finally got to sleep about 10 o'clock. Woke up this morning at 7:30 AM. Have been able to avoid taking anything other than Tylenol. Going to see if I can sleep tonight without anything else. We'll see. Got a 10:30 AM doctors appointment. Guess I'll find out what the doctor says tomorrow. Very much appreciate your prayers! Sincerely. bruce.

Update?
Sam

Merc
04-02-2019, 03:13
Tylenol PM works if you have trouble sleeping at night.

Art
04-02-2019, 06:21
I only take the stuff so that I can sleep. It really hurts though during the day. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow. Sincerely. bruce.

I'm with you. I only take a prescribed pain killer to sleep. The rest of the time I can pretty much tough it out.

Hopefully you're in less pain by now, will keep you in my prayers.

bruce
04-02-2019, 06:33
About to head to the doctor. Up at 6:30 am. No bad pain. First morning hand has not hurt bad. Will have to wait and see what the doctor says. Praying. Sincerely. bruce.

RED
04-02-2019, 03:07
Bruce I know what you are going through. I fell three times in 2018 and broke my nose twice, then on 6 Dec. I had a toe amputated because of a bone infection (I am not diabetic). The VA doctors gave me a Rx for Oxycontin... 4 pills. I suffered some real pain and the foot hadn't healed any after 8 weeks. The diagnosis from the VA... we need to amputate your leg from just below the knee.

Hello, goodbye VA! I went to a civilian foot surgeon and he said, and I quote: "They totally f----d this up. They left a infected bone chip in your foot and a sharp fragment on the bone they cut. They did not get all the infected bone and then prescribed antibiotics that were not effective on the 2 bacterias that were at work eating my foot. I was immediately hospitalized, the real doctor operated on my foot and gave me 30 pain pills! Now after 7 weeks the wound is 90% healed. The downside... It cost me (as yet untold) $1,000's of dollars to fix what the VA did. I can't sue them and because I didn't have a referral, the VA won't help. So what? I still have my leg and starting to learn how to walk again.

Bruce, the point is you are receiving good treatment. They are doctoring your pain and you will heal in time. Prayer helps but good doctors can help too.

Good luck and God bless...

bruce
04-04-2019, 07:15
Red, extremely sorry to read of your problems! My heart goes out to you. Wonderful that the new doctor has been able to figure out what's and help you begin to get on your feet! I have her church members deal with amputation. It is much better avoid if at all possible. May God bless you with a full recovery! Sincerely. bruce.

- - - Updated - - -

They gave me a permanent cast Tuesday. That was a big improvement over the splint and wrap thing they had me in. X-rays show everything is in place and healing. I have only had Tylenol for the last two days. Very thankful. The doctor spent quite a while looking at everything. He said that there's every reason for me to expect that I'll be able to play the guitar and use my hand as normal. PTL!!! Sincerely. bruce.

maverick1
04-08-2019, 05:26
Knee Mail will be sent!

Griff Murphey
04-08-2019, 06:44
Had some orthopedic surgery myself 20 Feb. just now saw this. I'm late to this effort but will certainly say some prayers.