PDA

View Full Version : So an older guy gets beat on...........

Dan Shapiro
04-10-2019, 02:45
By two young thugs. Everyone in the McDonald' restaurant just look on..........guess in Chicago thats what passes for dinner entertainment.
Suddenly the older guy pulls a gun.................now everyone starts screaming. No wonder that city is a s...hole.

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2019/04/09/watch-no-one-problem-watching-man-get-beaten-pulled-gun/?fbclid=IwAR3Fdxw5i_mLrKVuHIFAtLgvr60rqEunTia8ikRk VW5e8qAZtzl_fc_QCnQ

blackhawknj
04-10-2019, 05:37
No doubt he's Public Enemy No. 1 in Chicago, the object of an intensive manhunt, etc..

retread12345
04-10-2019, 05:57
' IF it only . saves one life " Yeah, your own !

blackhawknj
04-10-2019, 08:05
In the original Death Wish, Paul Kersey was "exiled" to Chicago. Perhaps he's come out of retirement.

JB White
04-11-2019, 05:41
The "older man/armed citizen" was the private security guard hired by the restaraunt. The thugs had been inside harassing the patrons when the security guard intervened.

The crowd reaction is typical of today's candyassed loudmouths who have been raised to dial 9-1-1, get it all on tattle tale video, and have never known how to throw punches in self defense.
That's why the ghetto apes come into the shopping/tourist area. The odds of getting away with their kind of fun are well in their favor.
If the "older man" with old school values hadn't been there to stop it, we wouldn't have seen that video. They were in cower mode like sheep to slaughter until SOMEONE ELSE stood up.

What you saw was only the tail end of an otherwise common occurrence in Chicago. Notice how the thugs simply walked away as if there wasn't a problem?

togor
04-11-2019, 07:02
The video is amazing. How that guard (off duty suburban cop) managed to not pull the trigger is beyond me.

JB White
04-11-2019, 09:57
The video is amazing. How that guard (off duty suburban cop) managed to not pull the trigger is beyond me.

When the news and video first broke those were my thoughts exactly. I had to admire him for his ability hand to hand and his self control when the use of a weapon was warranted to regain control.
I had nearly forgotten about it since it wasn't an unusual incident. (That's why he was there in the first place) What I wasn't aware of was the fact he was indeed an off duty LEO. I suspected it due to his professionalism, but the local news source didn't disclose that.

Vern Humphrey
04-11-2019, 10:12
If you don't have a concealed carry license, GET one. If you have a license and don't carry all the time, START.

tmark
04-11-2019, 07:32
Is it not easy for a common citizen to get a C and C license unless he has good reason to like carrying large sums of money? I don't think one would be issued to a common citizen!

togor
04-11-2019, 07:33
Lots of states are "shall issue" now. But... pack insurance too.

dryheat
04-11-2019, 08:57

1 for togor. I thought the exact same thing. But, young people can be accused of being idiots(been there). The environment of crime doesn't deserve any sympathy. It's universal; do the crime, do the time or the equivalent. If a robber gets shot; put in a little investigative time.

RED
04-12-2019, 05:43
If you watch the video it is not hard to discern the older guy (not old, just older) was wearing a vest, a duty belt and holstered pistol. In Chicago that outs him as a LEO or paid, armed guard. The creeps had to know that from the git go which makes what they did even worse. They were also probably aware that a LEO couldn't shoot them with their backs turned so they just walked away to play another day.

JB White
04-12-2019, 07:53
Makes me wonder if they were also aware his power of arrest might be limited to the property line. If he had that power at all.

Vern Humphrey
04-12-2019, 01:50
Makes me wonder if they were also aware his power of arrest might be limited to the property line. If he had that power at all.

Everyone has the power to make a citizen's arrest. If you, as a civilian, violate a traffic regulation on a military base, for example, the Military Police will make a citizen's arrest.

S.A. Boggs
04-12-2019, 02:06
Everyone has the power to make a citizen's arrest. If you, as a civilian, violate a traffic regulation on a military base, for example, the Military Police will make a citizen's arrest.

So will Togor! "Citizens Arrest, Citizens Arrest" thanks Vern for the funny reminder!:banana100::icon_lol::eusa_shhh:
Sam

PWC
04-12-2019, 07:07
The problem with citizens arrest is enforcing the arrest, a d proving it in court which will surely follow at the auspesus of A LU.

JB White
04-13-2019, 07:38

Try making a citizens arrest in Chicago. You'll find yourself in hot water with the law on a host of charges. That list will include assault and illegal restraint. Bank guards can't leave the premises in pursuit of a robber. If they catch the guy in the lobby they can cuff him though. You can't but they can.

Former Cav
04-23-2019, 01:04
why anybody would want to be a LEO in todays political climate I have no clue.
I wanted to be a cop, then I got shot up and crippled in Vietnam and that ended my chance of being one.
So, I became a draftsman and later a mechanical engineer.