PDA

View Full Version : Storm

S.A. Boggs
04-15-2019, 02:35
Had several systems roll thru within the last 12 hours, many families continue without power. 40 degree drop in temp as well from a high of 78 to a current 38 and very windy. Will be cloudy today with a high of 52, so will relight the wood burner in the conservatory for additional heat in the new section. Anything in your area?
Sam

Merc
04-15-2019, 04:07
I watched the heavy t-storm pass over your area on wx radar, and we did have a t-storm in our forecast, but it must have dissipated as it crossed the state line. All we got out of it was a shower.

Allen
04-15-2019, 05:19
Rain (as always) and wind here in S. AL. Nearby Pascagoula/Mosspoint MS got a tornado that damaged about a dozen homes. No injuries that I know of.

M1Tommy
04-15-2019, 06:53
We had some heavy T-storms in central Arkansas but nothing severe. A couple trees, all older ones of course, were downed in the neighborhood.
More are predicted for Wed-Thurs this week... Springtime in Arkansas.

One of these days I really need to buy a generator, prob. a small one to run the refrigerator and a couple lights maybe... mostly the refrig thought. Oh, one of the quiet ones. I once had a neighbor who, at the very first hint of a power outage, would fire up his Briggs & Stratton powered crigger... that had a pipe for a "muffler"... crazy-noisy thing rattled windows all over the neighborhood. After some 'discussions' he replaced the muffler..... but shied away my offer to run a cord from his house to mine!..........

Tommy

lyman
04-15-2019, 06:54
bad storm with wind passed thru last night late, or early morning,

no issues in my immediate area, tho lots without power around town

JB White
04-15-2019, 07:37
Out in doubled t-shirts on Sat only to get 7 inches of heavy wet snow yesterday. Flakes blowing all day. Could barely walk in it since footsteps immediately compressed into a half inch of ice.
Getting into the 50's today (Mon) so it should be gone by this evening.

I haven't seen anything like it since April of 75. That was a bad one.

JOHN COOK
04-15-2019, 09:34
Global Warning my A$$.

john in SC

Allen
04-15-2019, 10:15
Global Warning my A$$.

john in SC

Rather than eat crow the liberals now call global warming climate change. Spring to Summer to Fall to Winter. Been happening for quite a while now. Some people just don't notice things. For them there's only 2 seasons. If it's a hot day then it's global warming. If anything else it's climate change.

Merc
04-15-2019, 01:27
Almost 80 degrees, sunny and warm yesterday, 35 degrees today with snow and high winds. Temps will be back up in the 80s by Thursday. Fruit trees are blossoming, daffodils, forsythia and tulips are blooming, grass is growing and the trees are developing leaves, so the growing season is underway.

Someone once told Mother Nature that you can’t have all 4 seasons in 24 hours. Her reply was “Hold my beer.”

It’s interesting how the growing season at my summer home that’s 100 miles to the north is about 2 or 3 weeks behind Pittsburgh. We’ve often had frost on Memorial Day. Lake Erie extends the growing season for a few miles around the lake and that’s a great area for growing grapes. We’re about 40 miles south of Erie so it doesn’t help us. Erie is a big snow generator in the winter.

S.A. Boggs
04-15-2019, 01:30
Frost tonight, our daughter brought our fruit trees back inside for safety.
Sam

Allen
04-15-2019, 01:37
Almost 80 degrees, sunny and warm yesterday, 35 degrees today with snow and high winds. Temps will be back up in the 80s by Thursday. Fruit trees are blossoming, daffodils, forsythia and tulips are blooming, grass is growing and the trees are developing leaves, so the growing season is underway.

Most of what you mentioned here is past us including our azaleas . Not too much blooming now except roses, pecan trees starting to produce leaves, strawberries are in full production, fruit trees have young fruit, etc. Clear weather now since the storm has pasted and so far a rare day w/o rain.

S.A. Boggs
04-16-2019, 01:34
Going to start rewarming today, sunny and 72 right now cold and 30. Have both wood stoves going as the temp in the greenhouse is 52.
Sam

Merc
04-16-2019, 12:22
Most of what you mentioned here is past us including our azaleas . Not too much blooming now except roses, pecan trees starting to produce leaves, strawberries are in full production, fruit trees have young fruit, etc. Clear weather now since the storm has pasted and so far a rare day w/o rain.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=deep+snow+in+Watertown%2c+ny&&view=detail&mid=79D0E05095ABAB5C8DB879D0E05095ABAB5C8DB8&&FORM=VRDGAR

If you really want to see what winter looks like, google pics of Watertown or Carthage, NY. They’re on the eastern shore of Lake Ontario and just gets pounded with snow from what’s known as “lake effect” snow storms. Lake Ontario is deep and rarely freezes.

Allen
04-18-2019, 07:35
Another storm coming tonight for the SE.

S.A. Boggs
04-18-2019, 12:06
Another storm coming tonight for the SE.

Same here.
Sam

M1Tommy
04-18-2019, 12:32
Central Arkansas got 4" of rain in the past 16 hours. There is another band of rain expected, and I hope it is not much.
That said, I mowed, Tue. evening.

Tommy