PDA

View Full Version : Collectable and rare

dryheat
07-10-2019, 10:20
Not. If I bought every collectable and rare thing I saw on Ebay or elsewhere I'd have to spend a vast amount of money for storage. This is wrought iron fire place stuff but low end fireplace stuff. Probably lower than that. I'm not sure what it even is. It's only $29. But hey, what kid didn't order junk from the back page of a comic book. I'm talking to my peers.

https://www.ebay.com/p/33%2D5%2DMartial%2DArt%2DKung%2DFu%2DWu%2DShu%2D2% 2DPcs%2DFunctional%2DChinese%2DHook%2DSwords%2DSet %2DBlack/2205189214?iid=171953856609&rt=nc

The key word is rare and to a lessor extent collectable.
I pride myself for having never fallen for the classic scam. Well, I can't honestly say that. I did when I was 26. Flat out fell for it. Want to know why? I was greedy and softmoric(sp) and reckless at that age. Oh, and the other thing. Don't let friends talk you into stuff. My best friend pooh,poohs every idea I come up with. That's what you need. Not that he's a genius.
I was at the antiques store today. I call it the free museum. I spent an hour there looking at aisles of nice things. It's quiet. You zone in some. I saw a very old time box camera that I recognized. I almost bought an apple motif piece of china that we had when I was a kid(I might go back). But the point is; there's 200 yrs of "stuff" that's interesting and only 89 yrs of you. It's like shoveling snow off the roof. Yeah, it's pretty but there's so much of it. There's a lot of collectable and rare. I remember when tourqouis was big out here. There was fake tourqouis. Well, this could go on and on, but the gist of the story is be smart. Don't glom onto every trendy thing unless you study it. But don't study itto talk yourself into it. Just study it. End of story.

Sunray
07-11-2019, 10:29
E-Bay is both over priced and rabidly anti-firearm ownership. More over priced for junk like that stuff. Likely made in China too.