PDA

View Full Version : It was unexpected

S.A. Boggs
08-03-2019, 02:36
The county I live in now has two gun shops after a dry spell of several years of having none. Went into the newest shop and made my sales pitch for the processed brass and reloading/casting components that I sell. Half way thru my sales pitch the owner stopped me and asked if I would come work for him! I said yes as I have some extra time on my hands as my Amish friends will be back in 6 weeks to help me as their work slows down.
I will be doing beginning reloading classes as well as being in charge of the reloading equipment and working the gun counter. In small arms my specialty will be handgun [pdw] and concealed carry.
God works in mysterious way's, His Wonders to perform!
Sam

bruce
08-03-2019, 03:29
Very good! Sincerely. bruce.

Allen
08-03-2019, 04:08
Doing something you like and getting paid for it. Can't beat that.

m1ashooter
08-03-2019, 06:11
Very good find.

Major Tom
08-03-2019, 08:26
Wonderful Sam, best to ya!

lyman
08-03-2019, 08:28
good luck!! and congrats!

Vern Humphrey
08-03-2019, 01:54
I used to have a friend who could eat anything and never get fat. I never thought I could envy anyone as much as I envied him!

Allen
08-11-2019, 07:40
The county I live in now has two gun shops after a dry spell of several years of having none. Went into the newest shop and made my sales pitch for the processed brass and reloading/casting components that I sell. Half way thru my sales pitch the owner stopped me and asked if I would come work for him! I said yes as I have some extra time on my hands as my Amish friends will be back in 6 weeks to help me as their work slows down.
I will be doing beginning reloading classes as well as being in charge of the reloading equipment and working the gun counter. In small arms my specialty will be handgun [pdw] and concealed carry.
God works in mysterious way's, His Wonders to perform!
Sam

Guess the new job is working out since we don't see you posting much now.

S.A. Boggs
08-12-2019, 01:07
Guess the new job is working out since we don't see you posting much now.

In the past I was use to working for already established companies, now from scratch. Have been evaluating what to buy and where to buy. Still have to design/build a combination counter/reloading bench display with shelves in the back for stock. In my own business "Wolfs Lair" I continue being busy processing brass, bagging tumbling media from bulk bags into 5lb lots for resale. I am now looking into the feasibility of taking my bulk surplus powder and repackaging into 2lb cans for resale. I just walked into a deal of Reloader 15 that looks promising. On the +side the store is buying primers in large quantities and I can now save $4.00/M so my reloading is cheaper.
Have to take time out to continue to care for the plants in our greenhouse, moving the trees back inside for the delicate ones and replanting crops. Today I will be planting melons for a fall crop and more bush beans.
On top of this we continue with the remodeling of our home as my Amish friends are finishing up their season of outside work. It seems the only rest I am getting is going to church and I am part of the security detail there! I had hope that retirement" would bring leisure time, heck I haven't had time to go fishing!
Sam