PDA

View Full Version : This doesn't look right.............

Dan Shapiro
08-29-2019, 12:08
But I'll withhold my opinion for now...................

S.A. Boggs
08-29-2019, 12:56
Same way Obama ran the economy with the similar results.
Sam

PWC
08-29-2019, 09:10
Wonder if he intends to use the boat to pull him out?

Major Tom
08-30-2019, 03:07
Ya know what they say about people like this.

S.A. Boggs
08-30-2019, 04:57
Ya know what they say about people like this.

They vote demoncratic?:evil6::eusa_shhh:
Sam

dryheat
08-31-2019, 12:53
They vote demoncratic?:evil6::eusa_shhh:
Sam

Yeah,yeah.
I don't know how that happens(the out of orbit sinking), but I know how I almost sank my truck.
You back the boat into the water. You forget that the shifter is still in reverse. The boat backs off the trailor and the guys give you the OK. You step on the throttle. When you see the water to your left, you recognize a problem and take immediate action. Put the shifter into D and drive forward. Yes, I did this on a foggy morning. There's nothing like being underwater for a few seconds. A freaken miracle that it turned out OK

Allen
08-31-2019, 05:11
Yeah,yeah.
I don't know how that happens(the out of orbit sinking), but I know how I almost sank my truck.
You back the boat into the water. You forget that the shifter is still in reverse. The boat backs off the trailor and the guys give you the OK. You step on the throttle. When you see the water to your left, you recognize a problem and take immediate action. Put the shifter into D and drive forward. Yes, I did this on a foggy morning. There's nothing like being underwater for a few seconds. A freaken miracle that it turned out OK

One problem with getting your truck too far down the ramp (for whatever reason) is that the part of the ramp that stays under water is covered with algae and other slimey stuff making traction to get out near impossible sometimes, especially wooden ramps. Good time to have a 4X4.

Former Cav
10-06-2019, 03:33
don't get the tailpipe in the water, it can shut off your engine and then you are screwed.

lyman
10-06-2019, 07:31
don't get the tailpipe in the water, it can shut off your engine and then you are screwed.

did that once, the tail pipe thing,

77 ford F100, 2wd, big 6 cyl, 3 on the tree

buddy and I were '4' wheeling down a fire road not far from home, decided to skirt a big mud hole, (wooded road, could not go around, so we dipped one side in,)

seems that hole was mighty deep, as in up over the turn signal on the passenger side, (turn signals were over the headlamps on that model ford) and that was the side the tail pipe was on,

hit s bump or deep spot, stalled out, and that was that,

2 mile walk home, friend of my dad's came by and picked us up, pulled me out and home,

seems I also got water in the carb, so after a day or so with a mechanic (I suck at carb work) I was running again