PDA

View Full Version : Wal Mart ammo ban

Griff Murphey
09-06-2019, 06:22
This inane proposal which Wal Mart has decided on needs at least some pushback. You can call 1-800 925-6278 or write them at:
Chris Mcmillan, CEO
Wal Mart
702 S.W. 8th St.
Bentonville, AR 72716

The Babylon Bee ran a satirical piece with Wal Mart banning their sale of car parts in order to save Americans from the 3,000 car accidents per day.

In my opinion the Ammo Ban is just part of the narrative the media is warping to marginalize our lawful hobby and constitutional right and portray law abiding citizens such as NRA members as criminals. We need to give them some push back and I hope everyone will at least call Wally World and forcefully but politely express their displeasure at this policy.

Sunray
09-06-2019, 09:29
Wally World still selling firearms Stateside? The clothing they sell mostly made in China and other Third World places? No firearms at all up here. And everything they sell is made in the Third World. Mind you, when the Canadian Legion was building the Juno Centre in Normandy, with no government contribution or assistance of any kind, Wally World Canada gave 'em 2 million bucks.
Their ammo ban is more about publicity than anything else. I noticed in the Media film that most of the ammo they sell is European made.

Allen
09-06-2019, 09:58
I have no big problems with WM discontinuing guns since they didn't offer much in the first place. If they had slowly phased them out there wouldn't have been much notice. However, discontinuing some ammo does affect me. I doesn't make much sense to me that they caved to please some people while pissing off other people.

Like mentioned before, if they are going to go the PC route and ban everything harmful they have a long ways to go eventually banning about everything in the store.

Greyjoy
09-06-2019, 10:48
time to boycott walmart and watch them bankrupt.

JohnMOhio
09-07-2019, 10:11
Griff, I heard one the other day about Wal Mart. They are going to stop selling food to fight obesity.

lyman
09-08-2019, 05:13
time to boycott walmart and watch them bankrupt.

not enough gunowners who feel passionately about it to affect them

J.B. Books
09-08-2019, 12:42
This inane proposal which Wal Mart has decided on needs at least some pushback. You can call 1-800 925-6278 or write them at:
Chris Mcmillan, CEO
Wal Mart
702 S.W. 8th St.
Bentonville, AR 72716

The Babylon Bee ran a satirical piece with Wal Mart banning their sale of car parts in order to save Americans from the 3,000 car accidents per day.

In my opinion the Ammo Ban is just part of the narrative the media is warping to marginalize our lawful hobby and constitutional right and portray law abiding citizens such as NRA members as criminals. We need to give them some push back and I hope everyone will at least call Wally World and forcefully but politely express their displeasure at this policy.

He is the ramrod of the outfit, doubt if he cares.
JB

blackhawknj
09-08-2019, 01:58
The locals get all my gun dollars.

Allen
09-08-2019, 05:49
The locals get all my gun dollars.

I try to do the same but when they charge double the price its tempting to buy at WM unless it is a small purchase.

J.B. Books
09-09-2019, 12:54
Gunshop I work at is fair to our customers and some pretty good prices. One thing we have over Walmart is knowledge of what we sell. Some Walmart employees are like rent a cop, here today and gone tomorrow. Those of us in the shop have much experience in shooting, hunting, reloading and speak with experience. Local Walmart is understaffed and not too much in knowledge. Hard to ask questions to a kid with a ring in his ears and nose.
JB

lyman
09-09-2019, 05:50
Gunshop I work at is fair to our customers and some pretty good prices. One thing we have over Walmart is knowledge of what we sell. Some Walmart employees are like rent a cop, here today and gone tomorrow. Those of us in the shop have much experience in shooting, hunting, reloading and speak with experience. Local Walmart is understaffed and not too much in knowledge. Hard to ask questions to a kid with a ring in his ears and nose.
JB

why?

we have plenty of folks that choose to decorate themselves like that in local shops here,

J.B. Books
09-09-2019, 09:04
why?

we have plenty of folks that choose to decorate themselves like that in local shops here,

You got a problem with what I post? If so spill it out here and now!
JB+

lyman
09-09-2019, 09:16
You got a problem with what I post? If so spill it out here and now!
JB+

nope, but do wonder why a kid with jewelry would matter ,

but then again, RVA is a heavily tattoo'ed and pierced town, people wise, and a pile of those folks are gun nuts too,

not a thing in your area?

J.B. Books
09-09-2019, 09:56
RVA? Don't understand, pardon my ignorance. Tat's that I have seen were done in the joint.
JB

lyman
09-09-2019, 11:36
Richmond Va, (RVA)

we are one of the most tattoo'ed cities , (Tatt Parlors per capita or some such)

Johnny P
09-11-2019, 04:39
Worse than no ammo, the wife gave me a list of a few things she needed the next time I was at Wally World. One item was Pet Milk, which they didn't have on the shelf. After getting about six people to check to see if they had moved it, found out that the manager decided they weren't selling enough and no longer stocks it. Now Pet Milk was a staple of every little grocery store when I was a kid.

Bet they lost a good buggy boy when they made the guy a store manager.

lyman
09-11-2019, 05:58
Worse than no ammo, the wife gave me a list of a few things she needed the next time I was at Wally World. One item was Pet Milk, which they didn't have on the shelf. After getting about six people to check to see if they had moved it, found out that the manager decided they weren't selling enough and no longer stocks it. Now Pet Milk was a staple of every little grocery store when I was a kid.

that may not have been his decision,

corporate sometimes dictates which vendor you can have , and sometimes the store manager has that leeway,

and he may be right, the sales may be low enough to not be worth the effort,

and, while not taking up for walmart, but PET milk is notorious for poor service from the vendors,

when I was running grocery stores, they got kicked out numerous times, brought back in, the kicked out again,

service issues not just out of stocks, sometimes just not showing up,
but then again, most large chains have their own line of milk, and sell 100x's what they sell in PET or Marva Maid etc etc,
they carry those brands to give the customers options,

sometimes the customer opts not to buy it

Johnny P
09-11-2019, 07:53
that may not have been his decision,

corporate sometimes dictates which vendor you can have , and sometimes the store manager has that leeway,

and he may be right, the sales may be low enough to not be worth the effort,

and, while not taking up for walmart, but PET milk is notorious for poor service from the vendors,

when I was running grocery stores, they got kicked out numerous times, brought back in, the kicked out again,

service issues not just out of stocks, sometimes just not showing up,
but then again, most large chains have their own line of milk, and sell 100x's what they sell in PET or Marva Maid etc etc,
they carry those brands to give the customers options,

sometimes the customer opts not to buy it

According to Walmart it was his decision. I called Walmart corporate customer service to ask about that and several other things they had quit carrying, and the nice lady said the store manager may have decided not to carry it, but that other stores should still have it.

lyman
09-11-2019, 08:17
betting PET was not providing service, and he bounced them out,

jon_norstog
09-13-2019, 10:31
JB

I'm with Brooks on this. Wally World gives me the willies just going in. Even Cabela's is a bit too much for me. I'd rather deal with a locally-owned gun shop. The money stays in the community and you know who you're dealing with.

jn

JOHN COOK
09-13-2019, 02:30

Wife was at Walmart yesterday and they had no milk of any brand. Thought it was maybe to refrigeration problem, but she said they had Almond and Silk brand in cooler.... Strange

john in SC....

J.B. Books
09-13-2019, 02:41
Wife was at Walmart yesterday and they had no milk of any brand. Thought it was maybe to refrigeration problem, but she said they had Almond and Silk brand in cooler.... Strange

john in SC....

Walmart is strange and stupid as well. Very little help, empty grocery shelves and often rotten produce. Meat that has inflated cartons with who knows what? Carts that are rusty with broken wheels and management doesn't give a damn! Kroger's is the exact opposite to what Walmart is. Just my personal observation and why I shop Kroger's instead of Walmart.
JB

Allen
09-13-2019, 03:36
WM is often out of things. I don't see how that is possible because the inventory is done by the registers. We have a lot of empty WM shelves here too but all else is fine as far as fresh meats and fruit and equipment being in good condition. Besides the empty shelves what bothers me about WM is the employees that have these huge carts in the aisles filling on-line orders. They don't get in the way---they stay in the way. The biggest complaint of mine though is the checkout. They only man one or two registers in SOME stores, the rest are self check. I don't do self check. This is decided upon the individual store manager. I now shop at a smaller, less busy WM and most registers are manned. The ONLY reason I continue to shop there is because of the variety of items that can be purchased besides grocery's under the same roof. I do find myself having to shop at other stores though to buy items that WM no longer sells.

PWC
09-13-2019, 08:24
Another reason to quit Wal-Mart:

My grand daughter wants a dress form to use in her business for custom clothes. Search of the i'net said a super store near here had one; even showed a picture and price. Well, wife and I went to get one. Guess what? Not only did they not have it, but the Dept. Mgr. didn't even know what it is. Second time this has happened. I guess their idea is to suck you in and hopeyou will buy something else.

Now, I don't buy ammo from them, never have, all I shoot is home made with components from mom & pop LGS, or Sportsmans Warehouse. Poor customer service = I vote with my feet.

dryheat
09-13-2019, 09:30
-what bothers me about WM is the employees that have these huge carts in the aisles filling on-line orders. They don't get in the way---they stay in the way.- (Allen-y, but I like Allen)

At least WM has sort of big aisles. I go to Fry's(Kroger) and you flat can't get past them. I guess if I want to shop at a warehouse I should go to the Food Bank. At least I can get down the aisle. I am going to check out the food bank. Why should I have to pay for my groceries?

togor
09-14-2019, 05:46
Surprised no one has mentioned their pharmacy, which is pretty good. Also I've heard good things about the Walmart employee health plan. One past forum member had only good things to say about it when he was fighting a bad bout of cancer.

PWC
09-14-2019, 09:33
No problem = no comment

That said, the pharmacy has a new ordering system that j
has problems. My local WM is out of insulin needles; come back on Wed, I did, no needles, had them call the not so near super store and they are overstocked on needles. Inter-store transfer is too hard. BYW, local store took week and half to restock. Walgreens and CVS were looking pretty good then.