PDA

View Full Version : Optnions On National Ordnance Carbine?

P51MUSTANG
09-25-2019, 02:01
I have a National Ordnance Carbine that I purchased in Cali some 30 years ago. I never shot her but she looks in excellent shape. I have been told they used GI parts are were decent commercial copies. What do you guys think and what is a fair current value?

lyman
09-25-2019, 06:16
not thought of highly,

I've seen and sold a few over the years , however never shot one,

value is low on them, (~$450 here) and usually a tough sell,

parts , depending on what was used, maybe worth more than the complete rifle

Clark Howard
09-25-2019, 06:29
If it will function reliably, and shoot accurately, it is worth the value of the USGI parts. No collector value.

Sunray
09-25-2019, 10:51
Read this. There are 3 pages.
http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_natord.html
Some parts are not even close to issue part dimensions. The early receivers were built on scrapped(Right out of the scrap yard. Some were unfinished with bad heat treating.) issue receivers or cast. Barrels were made by casting the gas parts and some by cobbling together scrapped issue barrels. Or used surplused 1903/1903A3 barrels with the gas system welded on.
There's one on Gunbroker with a starting bid of $589.00 that has no bids. $600ish is decidedly optimistic. Kind of suspect Lyman's $450 is too.

lyman
09-25-2019, 12:50
Read this. There are 3 pages.
http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_natord.html
Some parts are not even close to issue part dimensions. The early receivers were built on scrapped(Right out of the scrap yard. Some were unfinished with bad heat treating.) issue receivers or cast. Barrels were made by casting the gas parts and some by cobbling together scrapped issue barrels. Or used surplused 1903/1903A3 barrels with the gas system welded on.
There's one on Gunbroker with a starting bid of $589.00 that has no bids. $600ish is decidedly optimistic. Kind of suspect Lyman's $450 is too.

I sold one for that not long ago,

was happy to get it as well,

but it ran (as in worked)

I don't post BS guestimations, I do this for a living