PDA

View Full Version : The Great Pumpkin

S.A. Boggs
10-22-2019, 12:26
Watching it now on DVD and will follow with other holiday classics.:banana100: One of the prolonged downsides of chemo for me is depression, I find these help to mitigate the issue. Going for my colonoscopy on Monday.
Sam

bruce
10-22-2019, 12:33
Just found your post. Profoundly regret what you are having to go through. Pray God to grant you healing. Sincerely. bruce.

Allen
10-22-2019, 01:01
You don't find all the Peanut's cartoons depressing?

S.A. Boggs
10-22-2019, 01:06

Nope! News on the other hand...
Sam

lyman
10-22-2019, 02:03

never,,

grew up with them and enjoy all the older ones,

some of the new(er) ones are not that good (different production values etc)

the movie release 3-4 yrs ago was OK as well,

here you go Sam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugq7kZafpxs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugq7kZafpxs

some of the best Jazz tunes came from the shows

Roadkingtrax
10-22-2019, 02:12
Call me pessimistic, but I'm surprised they've left the Linus speech about the true meaning of Christmas intact.

Hope it remains so too.

togor
10-22-2019, 02:20
Watching it now on DVD and will follow with other holiday classics.:banana100: One of the prolonged downsides of chemo for me is depression, I find these help to mitigate the issue. Going for my colonoscopy on Monday.
Sam

Chemo? A relapse or just maintenance? Hopefully not a relapse, given what you have been through.

S.A. Boggs
10-22-2019, 05:24
Chemo? A relapse or just maintenance? Hopefully not a relapse, given what you have been through.

Chemo was a couple of years ago, yet I still have the affects of it which will not go away. Thank you for your concern, I appreciate it.
Sam

PWC
10-22-2019, 09:30
My firsg colonoscopy, the dr. Said I would have a "twlight" and ve awake.....after it was over and I woke up, he said he put me to sleep because I wouldn't like him when he went up and made the left turn.

Hope yours turns out ok.

free1954
10-23-2019, 03:14
Sam

how about mr magoo's Christmas carol? lots of stars on the voices.

shadycon
10-23-2019, 05:43
I love the old stuff, all the cartoons in general, most of the new cartoons are junk. Exception; a lot of the cartoon movies and holiday shows are pretty good. I'm more selective now!
Get well so you can enjoy the holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kj47
10-23-2019, 06:09
Best of luck Sam.

Sunray
10-23-2019, 10:48
Halloween is not a holiday. It's a left over from superstitious harvest festivals. snicker.
"...for me is depression..." Strawberry ice cream. Doesn't actually have to be strawberry though. Pity you can't get Chapman's Orange Sorbet where you are. That fixes everything.
Watching re-runs of The Beverly Hillbillies will help too.

M1Tommy
10-23-2019, 01:43
The old Peanuts cartoons are great.
Then again, I like to watch Gilligan's Island, Hogan's Heroes and the Beverly Hillbillies..... although sometimes I wonder if'n I should worry when I recognize some of the places they describe!

My very best wishes for your treatments, etc. I had one colonoscopy, awoke with wifey and nurse about rolling in the floor laughing at whatever I had been saying. ... hmmm....

Sincerely, Tommy

dryheat
10-23-2019, 09:00
The old Peanuts cartoons are great.
Then again, I like to watch Gilligan's Island, Hogan's Heroes and the Beverly Hillbillies..... although sometimes I wonder if'n I should worry when I recognize some of the places they describe!

My very best wishes for your treatments, etc. I had one colonoscopy, awoke with wifey and nurse about rolling in the floor laughing at whatever I had been saying. ... hmmm....

Sincerely, Tommy

That's why I am reluctant to get a colonoscopy. I don't like the idea of being unconscious and babbling. I had a "local". My Nurse Prac(gorgeous) runs her finger up my ass. No problem with that. She asked me if I wanted the Dr. to do it, but I'm not a baby about that. She thanked me for not making a big deal out of it. No problem with that, but I don't want to be knocked out and running off at the mouth(I do enough of that here, and I kind of think I know what I'm talking about). I've was sick of Snoopy around 1965.

lyman
10-24-2019, 05:12
That's why I am reluctant to get a colonoscopy. I don't like the idea of being unconscious and babbling. I had a "local". My Nurse Prac(gorgeous) runs her finger up my ass. No problem with that. She asked me if I wanted the Dr. to do it, but I'm not a baby about that. She thanked me for not making a big deal out of it. No problem with that, but I don't want to be knocked out and running off at the mouth(I do enough of that here, and I kind of think I know what I'm talking about). I've was sick of Snoopy around 1965.

didja ask her out for a drink afterwards?

Allen
10-24-2019, 05:20

A lot of agreeance here.

I don't see why the intestinal tract can't be checked by a sonogram or some other type of scan but I'm not a doctor either. I don't care to show my a$$ in that manner.

Cartoons I still like and can name most of the characters and who produced them but Peanuts, I found to be not humorous and very depressing, even as a child.

The kids today are to be pitied in this regard as the old cartoons are rarely shown. A lot of what is available now is retard type stull like "Spongebob Squarepants".

When you stop becoming a kid you begin dying.

M1Tommy
10-24-2019, 08:13
A lot of stuff like growths, aka "polyps" "up there" are very soft tissues and won't show on sono-grams and the like, hence the need for um, direct observation.
Medical staff really don't care what they hear. They have heard EVERYthing. OK, they laugh a lot during breaks and lunches... oh well... if I can help them laugh, a good thing I'm reckoning.

RE Peanuts, yeah, it is/was pretty 'feely' for a carton, but still better than "Two Stupid Dogs", or SouthPark.... well... most SouthParks............

Tommy

Sunray
10-24-2019, 10:55
"...I wonder if'n..." Jed didn't come from Arkansas. Ozarks, but the south Missouri part.
"...My Nurse Prac(gorgeous) runs her finger..." With no dinner, candle light or sweet nothings whispered in your ear either.
"...unconscious and babbling..." Relax. The Donald does that every night. Last time I had my pictures taken I slept through the whole thing. It's no big deal.
"...the old cartoons..." Bugs Bunny wouldn't be allowed these days. The racism alone would give the mush minds fits.

S.A. Boggs
10-24-2019, 10:56
My polyps turned into cancer unfortunately, so a look see and a snip if necessary. My wife said that all I do is snore and not much else. Procedure is scheduled for a 20 minute nap and then into recovery for about two hours.
Sam

Allen
10-24-2019, 11:54
My polyps turned into cancer unfortunately, so a look see and a snip if necessary. My wife said that all I do is snore and not much else. Procedure is scheduled for a 20 minute nap and then into recovery for about two hours.
Sam

Needless to say, hoping and praying you get an all clear this time.

S.A. Boggs
10-28-2019, 02:50
Needless to say, hoping and praying you get an all clear this time.

Your prayer for me was answered, scope showed no cancer or anything negative in my system. Another scope in 3 years! Been clear of cancer for 1.5 years!
Sam

lyman
10-28-2019, 03:12
Good News

Allen
10-28-2019, 05:46
Your prayer for me was answered, scope showed no cancer or anything negative in my system. Another scope in 3 years! Been clear of cancer for 1.5 years!
Sam

Great !!!

Thanks for the update.

M1Tommy
10-28-2019, 07:53
Sam

Sir, That is great to read.
Tommy

Mark in Ottawa
10-29-2019, 07:11
Re colonoscopy. I have had two of them in the last 4 months. A lesson learned is that the instructions for the liquid laxative says to mix it up and then put the mix in the refrigerator since it supposedly tastes less bad when chilled. Do not do that. I found that in the morning, drinking two litres of cold water caused my body temperature to drop and made me both shiver and have my teeth chatter. I had to wear two sweaters to get warm. Drink it at room temperature. There is not much difference in taste.

Also, I had to drink two litres the evening before the procedure. I noted that it took four hours for the effects to wear off. The instructions were to take the second two litres 4 hours before the procedure and thus, 3 hours before I had to check into the hospital. This was a bit too tight. You don't want to be checking in to the hospital and still be affected by the laxative so give yourself enough time for the effect to wear off. I gave myself 4 hours before checking in, although this meant starting to drink the mix at 4:00 am

Sorry if this is a bit gross but hopefully it will be helpful

Gun Smoke
10-29-2019, 09:06
Mark, No not gross for those that have this to look forward to. My wife had the procedure done a few years ago and complained about the amount of liquid lax required. She nearly threw it all up a couple of times. I think it is a written law that anything that is needed or beneficial HAS to taste bad.

Good info.

But two in the last 4 months ???

kj47
10-29-2019, 09:08
Glad you made out well Sam. Go for mine next month.

S.A. Boggs
10-30-2019, 05:56
My Dr. said when it was clear to stop, I only needed a little less then a quart. So far all my systems check out O.K. for my age and better then my age group.
Sam

Gun Smoke
10-30-2019, 07:35
My Dr. said when it was clear to stop, I only needed a little less then a quart. So far all my systems check out O.K. for my age and better then my age group.
Sam

Well that's comforting to hear. My wife had to drink 3 o 4 quarts or so. She was just told to drink it all, period.

Glad for the good news on being OK.