PDA

View Full Version : I seem to have riled some people a little....

Brad in Idaho
11-17-2019, 04:43
That was not my intention. I apologize to anyone who thinks I was being a wise ass or questioning their knowledge. Your answers to my post about value of some Carbines I want to sell has motivated me to do some further research and awakened a curiousity about these rifles that had gone dormant. As a result, I am taking the Rock-Ola I was going to sell off the list. Turns out I had taken some detailed pics in the past that I completely forgot about, and this rifle has quite a few original parts it appears. Value of this one could be well above what I had considered selling it for. Here is a link to those pictures. Your thoughts on this rifle are solicited and appreciated. Thanks.
http://www.fototime.com/inv/659BC9D5AEE15B1

shadycon
11-18-2019, 05:07
Some folks get upset over simple things easier than others! It seems like it's everyday life anymore!

lyman
11-18-2019, 06:59
did not notice anyone upset,

you asked for thoughts, and got them,

Brad in Idaho
11-18-2019, 10:02
did not notice anyone upset,

you asked for thoughts, and got them,

Thanks, any thoughts on this Rock-Ola?

lyman
11-18-2019, 11:39
have not had time to look over the pics yet

Tuna
11-18-2019, 04:26
Typical rebuilt carbine. Not much one can say other then it should be a good shooter. Value non import around $1000 +or- because its a Rock-Ola. Rebuilts and imports in general seem to be dropping a bit of late.

lyman
11-19-2019, 07:56
here in Central VA,, I think the value Tuna gave you, and the one quoted on Gunboards is low\middle retail,

you may be able to get a bit more if you start you price at 12oo or 1250,, at a big show,,
smaller show,, maybe not,

not sure how prices are in Idaho,

Brad in Idaho
11-20-2019, 02:04
here in Central VA,, I think the value Tuna gave you, and the one quoted on Gunboards is low\middle retail,

you may be able to get a bit more if you start you price at 12oo or 1250,, at a big show,,
smaller show,, maybe not,

not sure how prices are in Idaho,

Prices in Idaho are mostly on the lower end unless you find a collector who keeps up with values. Closest "big" show in this region is in Spokane, WA (about 115 miles away). I've never sold at a show and probably won't. I do have and 03 FFL so I guess I could. Rules about selling collections are vague.

lyman
11-20-2019, 05:01
Prices in Idaho are mostly on the lower end unless you find a collector who keeps up with values. Closest "big" show in this region is in Spokane, WA (about 115 miles away). I've never sold at a show and probably won't. I do have and 03 FFL so I guess I could. Rules about selling collections are vague.

with a C&R you are good, as far as selling you collection,

however, (and there is always a however!!! ) state laws are the one to watch, as they can be the fly in the ointment,

Mike in NC
11-20-2019, 06:52
The notch on the back side of the trigger may mean it is either an S'G' trigger or maybe even an IP trigger. It is probably worth looking at. I take it you aren't as interested in the value of separate parts, but an IP trigger alone could be worth $200 to $250. They are really tough to find and in demand.

Brad in Idaho
11-20-2019, 09:13
Thanks Mike, I don't want to sell parts but if there is something that rare on the rifle it would be a selling point for it. I'll research that.

- - - Updated - - -

with a C&R you are good, as far as selling you collection,

however, (and there is always a however!!! ) state laws are the one to watch, as they can be the fly in the ointment,

State laws are one of the reasons I prefer selling to Idaho residents. I have sold to Washington residents, but always with a FFL dealer transfer or to another C&R licensee.