PDA

View Full Version : Talk about a trained dog, thought folks would like to see one that is

rayg
12-05-2019, 01:09
I was lucky if I could get my dog to stay. Wonder if he would make a good hunter Thought folks would like this.

https://videos.whatfinger.com/2019/11/30/quick-smile-at-first-you-think-just-a-girl-and-her-dog-then-it-gets-professional-no/

free1954
12-05-2019, 01:52
that was cool sir. thanks for posting it.

Merc
12-06-2019, 10:43
Both are quite good.

Vern Humphrey
12-10-2019, 07:56
There was a lawyer, a doctor and an engineer who used to go duck hunting. They argued about who was the best dog trainer, and agreed to get new dogs, train them and have a contest next duck season.

They're in the blind the following year and a lone duck comes over. The doctor says to the engineer, "This one's yours."

BANG! The duck hits the water and the engineer says, "Go git 'em, Sliderule!" Sliderule runs out behind the blind, gathers up sticks, builds a walkway and brings the duck back dry footed. "That's a dog that was trained by an engineer!"

Along comes another duck. "This one's yours, Doc."

BANG! The duck hits the water and the doctor says, "Go git 'em, Stethoscope!" Stethoscope hits the water, throws up a huge wave, brings the duck back, picks it and cleans it. Then he dismantles the walkway, builds a fire, cooks and serves it. "That's a dog that was trained by an physician!"

Along comes another duck. "This one's yours, Councilor."

BANG! The duck hits the water and the lawyer says, "Go git 'em, Subpoena!" Subpoena! gets up, cracks his joints, rests his chin on the edge of the blind, waits for the waves to bring him the duck and eats the duck. Then he screws the other two dogs, takes the rest of the day off, submits a bill for twenty hours work and files for Workman's Compensation, claiming he hurt his back.

lyman
12-10-2019, 08:42
There was a lawyer, a doctor and an engineer who used to go duck hunting. They argued about who was the best dog trainer, and agreed to get new dogs, train them and have a contest next duck season.

They're in the blind the following year and a lone duck comes over. The doctor says to the engineer, "This one's yours."

BANG! The duck hits the water and the engineer says, "Go git 'em, Sliderule!" Sliderule runs out behind the blind, gathers up sticks, builds a walkway and brings the duck back dry footed. "That's a dog that was trained by an engineer!"

Along comes another duck. "This one's yours, Doc."

BANG! The duck hits the water and the doctor says, "Go git 'em, Stethoscope!" Stethoscope hits the water, throws up a huge wave, brings the duck back, picks it and cleans it. Then he dismantles the walkway, builds a fire, cooks and serves it. "That's a dog that was trained by an physician!"

Along comes another duck. "This one's yours, Councilor."

BANG! The duck hits the water and the lawyer says, "Go git 'em, Subpoena!" Subpoena! gets up, cracks his joints, rests his chin on the edge of the blind, waits for the waves to bring him the duck and eats the duck. Then he screws the other two dogs, takes the rest of the day off, submits a bill for twenty hours work and files for Workman's Compensation, claiming he hurt his back.

:icon_lol:

kj47
12-10-2019, 04:13
They were both good, thanks for posting.

fguffey
12-11-2019, 12:34
My son and I went quail hunting in South Texas near Port Lavaca, Texas; we took a Chocolate Lab because he enjoyed being with us. When doing anything in South Texas it is wise to watch for rattle snakes.

We had just got started when one of the big ones buzzed up; I did everything I could to prevent my son from shooting the snake. Lucky for us he did not shoot the snake, we walked around it. My son wanted to know why I insisted we not shoot snakes, rabbits etc. I explained to him the Lab had no ideal why he was there, I explained to him if he had shot the snake we would spend the rest of the day hunting for snakes.

And then my son informed me he was going fishing, I though that was a good ideal and then he said he was taking his Lab. I explained to him the Lab was a bird type dog, he was not a fishing dog. And my son explained to me if the dog was a bird dog and he went fishing the dog would have nothing to do.

It was another one of those days I explained to my son life would have been different for me had I learned to think like he does. I had to ask my wife about our son’s trip to the lake because he would not talk about it. It became one of those fishing stories I did not have to start with; “you are not going to believe this” or “once upon a time” or “me and my buddy were” etc. etc. because it was not a Mother Goose or Brothers Grim make believe story.

F. Guffey

dryheat
12-11-2019, 07:18
I had to read it twice to get it. I'm not a hunting dog kind of guy, but I'm a dog owner. It makes sense.

Merc
12-12-2019, 06:40
My son-in-law had a funny experience with Hannah, his young yellow lab when she was a few months old and was too young to take duck hunting. He returned from a hunt with his brother and only had one duck. He allowed Hannah to carry it around for a few minutes while he emptied his truck. He then took the duck away from her and put it on the corner of the roof of his garden shed so she couldn’t get to it while he carried his stuff into the house. He returned for his duck a few minutes later and it was gone. He looked around and saw a big red tail hawk flying away with his duck. Hannah is five now and gets really excited whenever it’s time to go hunting.

fguffey
12-17-2019, 07:47
I came from a large family; life was different. At about 6 years old I was setting on the curb waiting for a bus. I man walked up to me and asked "does your dog bite?". I said "no, my dog does not bite", I have no ideal what the man did, he could have been reaching for me or could have attempted to pet the dog setting next to me but for some unknown reason that dog tore into him,

the man caused a scene; he was not happy with me, when he settled down he reminded me I said "my dog did not bite", it was about that time I informed him 'that was not my dog' with 10 children in the family we could not afford to own a dog that bit or did not work.

F. Guffey

m1ashooter
12-17-2019, 08:33
Golden Retrievers are very kid friendly and smart. I'm not surprised by the video.