PDA

View Full Version : Loading a batch of 6.5 Creedmoor.

nf1e
12-21-2019, 07:21
Nice cool morning to load a batch of Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor cases that have been prepped and primed for a couple of months.

Load is 35 gr of Varget under 140 gr Berger Hybrid Target bullets primed with 210Ms.

https://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x413/nf1e/nf1e054/IMG_3275.jpg (https://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/nf1e054/IMG_3275.jpg.html)

JohnMOhio
12-26-2019, 11:06
nf1e, looking at your post and the load, specific components, you have some experience with the 6.5 Creedmor. Have you made a comparison as to any advantages of the 6.5 Creed over the newer 300 PRC developed by Hornady? I have been considering getting into the long range game and I see that Ruger has a rifle available in both these cartridges. Trying to make up my mind and would appreciate your input. Thanks in advance, John M. ( Looking at the Ruger due to limited budget. )

nf1e
01-04-2020, 10:40
nf1e, looking at your post and the load, specific components, you have some experience with the 6.5 Creedmor. Have you made a comparison as to any advantages of the 6.5 Creed over the newer 300 PRC developed by Hornady? I have been considering getting into the long range game and I see that Ruger has a rifle available in both these cartridges. Trying to make up my mind and would appreciate your input. Thanks in advance, John M. ( Looking at the Ruger due to limited budget. )

I have no experience with the 300 PRC. I thought I had enough calibers in the herd until a gent stopped by my range with a Savage Stealth is 6.5 Creedmoor. Had to have one and that blossomend into a few M14s barreled in 6.5. That's enough to keep me going, until next time.

Anyhow, the 300 PRC sounds too powerful for this old guy.

JohnMOhio
01-04-2020, 06:55
Art,

Have you posted anything regarding the M14s in the 6.5 as to how they are grouping as a gas gun on paper? I don't recall seeing anything on Culvers. I might have missed your range report on them. From the photos you have posted, you do some remarkable work.

You mentioned, "I had to have one." Did you build it or purchase a ready made? If purchased, what manufacturer and your reasons for your choice would be helpful.

By the way, from what I see on your bench, I assume they are receivers, radio kind. You active as a Ham Operator?

Thanks