PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Assault Weapons Ban Coming

Griff Murphey
12-27-2019, 02:17
I guess everyone has heard about this, the shooters are really standing up to it. A friend there highly recommends support of the Virginia Citizens’ Defense League. This dictatorial Democrat governor backing it has already threatened to use the National Guard and is appropriating extra money to incarcerate AR owners. If you wish to send them some funds for support of their efforts, send your money to:
VCDL Treasurer
19390 Beaver Dam Road
Beaverdam, Va., 23015-1350

Telephone is (804) 639-0600

lyman
12-27-2019, 04:22
VCDL's website

https://www.vcdl.org/

lots of Bills in the pipeline, nothing yet, since the folks elected will not be sworn in until next month,

lobby day is the 20th, lots of folks (including myself) will be there

Roadkingtrax
12-27-2019, 04:30
Let's hope for the best. Even in California, Jerry Brown would not sign the laws that Newsom did.

holdover
12-27-2019, 04:44
The governor is an idiot. As most liberal snowflakes he has no clue what he is doing, and the lack of results that will happen to lower crime will have no effect except taking firearms away from good people so they can defend themselves. He also seems to forget that democrats also have guns and what do you think their reaction will be to these laws he wants to pass. And remember he is the governor that was in favor of abortion up till just before birth, many of us call that murder. The latest thing I heard he wants to do is eliminate yearly vehicle inspections to save the poor the 20.00 they have to pay now for an inspection. Can you imagine the death traps that will be rolling down the road if that happens... I'm in fire and rescue and see enough wrecks due to faulty equipment. Yea our "Black Face" gov is really a piece of @%$*, thank goodness in VA they are only elected for a 4 year term.

Art
12-27-2019, 05:27
The governor is an idiot...... he is the governor that was in favor of abortion up till just before birth, many of us call that murder......

He is actually in favor of infanticide. He wants a law similar to the one in NY that just passed that legalizes the death by neglect of children born alive as the result of abortion (the Kermit Gosnell protection act.) I actually listened to him going through contortions trying to justify that one.

Before you guys on the lib side jump on me; there are people on the left in New York that deny that infanticide is the effect of the law but the fact is that the new law repeals the live birth protection provisions of the old law.

On the gun part, it looks like the Dems are already starting to blink on this.

lyman
12-28-2019, 05:55
He is actually in favor of infanticide. He wants a law similar to the one in NY that just passed that legalizes the death by neglect of children born alive as the result of abortion (the Kermit Gosnell protection act.) I actually listened to him going through contortions trying to justify that one.

Before you guys on the lib side jump on me; there are people on the left in New York that deny that infanticide is the effect of the law but the fact is that the new law repeals the live birth protection provisions of the old law.

On the gun part, it looks like the Dems are already starting to blink on this.

he is on record saying that the newborn will not be given aid (like a slap on the bottom) to breath if the mother does not consent,

since the blackface thing came out, he has become a turtle,

sticks his head out when they need a soundbite, or when his handlers (as in the $$$) tell him to, otherwise he stays quiet, and out of public view,

Gun Smoke
12-28-2019, 06:43
What is far worse than politicians like this are the people who vote them in.

BlitzKrieg
12-31-2019, 07:51
I am in Virginia and ready to move any "banned" weapons out of state , I refuse to be a felon for legally owning
what I have responsibly possessed for a life time. Governor has now mentioned banned weapons will be Grand Fathered. Well...Grand Fathering does not help....it does not specify my heirs will be able to legally own my weapons.

We'll see how this sorts out but I am prepared to comply with the law and be a refugee from Virginia. I will exercise
that choice to move to another state.

Anyone living in Kentucky and Tennessee...do you think your state is a safe haven for gun ownership or are things changing
in values and gun ownership is at risk ???? I am currently looking at these states to move to .

Roadkingtrax
12-31-2019, 08:25
Can those in Virginia utilize a trust for grandfathered weapons?

Tuna
12-31-2019, 08:46
BK, Have you looked at West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina? They are gun friendly states.

lyman
12-31-2019, 10:17
Can those in Virginia utilize a trust for grandfathered weapons?

not sure, and not sure what a trust would protect,,

nothing passed yet, and may not be for a bit,

dryheat
12-31-2019, 10:17
BK, Have you looked at West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina? They are gun friendly states.

What? Retreat? This could be the groundswell. Teach kids that it's OK to take out a nutcase. That is all.

lyman
01-01-2020, 05:29
few things I keep hearing

> most of this will end up in court, as in someone will sue to have the measures (if passed as written) unconstitutional (State Constitution as well as fed)
> despite the posturing, most will just not comply and not stir the pot (as in no armed insurrection,,,)
> possibility of some type of recall of those elected, including a current petition on Northam,
> thoughts that this may get the local GOP to actually provide some decent candidates, and also get the folks energized to vote out the D's that think they are secure (already have a movement going talkind about voting out several,

Gun Smoke
01-01-2020, 05:34
I feel for those who got scared, caved in and gave up their rifles for pennies on the dollar.

If this is over turned they should get reimbursement.

lyman
01-01-2020, 05:42
I feel for those who got scared, caved in and gave up their rifles for pennies on the dollar.

If this is over turned they should get reimbursement.

??

the new majority has not taken office yet,,

where are you talking about?

Gun Smoke
01-01-2020, 05:48
I've read of the buy backs as they occurred. Perhaps it is certain municipalities of Virginia and other places. After posting I tried to find some articles but couldn't. I read them at the time though. I guess they are covering this up.

Most places that have the buy backs only offer about $50 per gun. Most people turn in rusted junk but some get scared and give up everything.

lyman
01-01-2020, 05:58
I've read of the buy backs as they occurred. Perhaps it is certain municipalities of Virginia and other places. After posting I tried to find some articles but couldn't. I read them at the time though. I guess they are covering this up.

Most places that have the buy backs only offer about $50 per gun. Most people turn in rusted junk but some get scared and give up everything.

buy backs happen everywhere, and they are not mandatory,

those that do will give you a gift card,

not just in VA,, (in fact, it has been a long time since one was had in VA,,)

police will put the crap they get in a pile, a few nice pistols on top, and take a pic for the news,

fact is, a lot of folks will walk the line (if there is one) and offer more for nice stuff,

and turn in crap that was picked up for next to nothing,

I sold 2 shotguns that I picked up from an Insurance company , (bought a lot of fire damaged, lost/stolen recovery etc from them)
both were fire damaged to the point the barrels were soft enough to bend by hand,

but a guy wanted them for a buy back in NC somewhere,

I netted $20 each, he paid shipping, and after rattle can painting to cover the rust, turned them in for a couple gift cards (he made a profit)

Gun Smoke
01-01-2020, 06:18
Yes gun buybacks are nothing new and are voluntary so far.

The article I read did state Virginia and it was recent (2 months?). It may have been propaganda since it was published by Yahoo who encourages gun control and liberals. The promoter of the event was shown holding up an AR15 of course.

I see fire damaged guns sell on GB. People pay big bucks for something that usually has warped barrels, soft receivers and frozen screws, not to mention the rust.

The wording on the picture (though satire) of this article express' how many feel I'm afraid. Like the article states too: "these guns that are now off of the streets" were never on the streets to begin with.

https://dcdirtylaundry.com/gun-buyback-nets-300-guns-in-an-area-with-1-9-million-people/

blackhawknj
01-01-2020, 06:46
At "buybacks" people often "turn in" guns that are not legally theirs. At one they found a kid "sold" his father's department issue handgun.

barretcreek
01-02-2020, 08:42
Can't post a link to this. The article links to a United Nations job site for hiring English speaking Disarmament Officers.

Blue Beanies in Va? Good luck. Hope the job includes life insurance.

gwp
01-02-2020, 09:29
Can't post a link to this. The article links to a United Nations job site for hiring English speaking Disarmament Officers.

Blue Beanies in Va? Good luck. Hope the job includes life insurance.

https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=127453

lyman
01-02-2020, 09:47
https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=127453

I don't think that is for work in the US,,

barretcreek
01-02-2020, 02:27
I don't think that is for work in the US,,

Hmm. What if Gov. 'Jazz Singer' signs them up as Deputies for the kick in the doors scenario? If a citizen kills one it's a capital offense, if they are foreigners (likely) they just go home after murdering Americans. The Third World Debate Club would just love to put boots on the ground here; it would quell the growing liberty movement around the world. I can think of two scum sucking PoS billionaires would would gleefully finance a paramilitary force of a couple hundred thugs, at the request of Northam. Especially if the LSM forgot to mention the 'Deputies' were U.N. endorsed mercs until the information leaked out via conservative media.

lyman
01-02-2020, 03:32
not so sure a Gov can command UN Troops,

seems more like Fed level,

barretcreek
01-02-2020, 05:17
I'm talking about him inviting them in as State Police paramilitaries. With all respect, you are talking legalities. I'm talking about the party of Machiavelli.

lyman
01-02-2020, 06:07
I'm talking about him inviting them in as State Police paramilitaries. With all respect, you are talking legalities. I'm talking about the party of Machiavelli.

by Gov I meant Governor,, but you are correct, they (dems) have pulled all the crazy out the bag on this one,

oddly enough, several vendors at shows years ago sold targets,,,,

typical paper targets,, with light blue helmets on them

BlitzKrieg
01-22-2020, 09:58
I put Blue Helmets or UN coming to America in the same category as UFO's and Tooth Fairy.

By the way, let me say unequivocally, a UN operation is like a pig trying to grab a greased watermelon....
comical but hardly a serious possibility.

Dolt
01-31-2020, 09:36
Time to bleed the Left.

togor
01-31-2020, 10:50
Time to bleed the Left.

Skip step 2 in your sig?

lyman
02-04-2020, 07:57
Senate bill is dead, and supposedly will stay that way,

was told that no bill will pass, but the House votes this week on it's own version, and the sponsor is a bit of a moron,
so the general census is it will be killed, and nothing happen this year,

hopefully, that prediction is true

Dolt
02-05-2020, 03:18

Have we all forgotten what the 2nd amendment was meant for? Move your guns out of state? Bury them? I think using them under these conditions was exactly what the Founding Fathers intended. But they were better men than we.....

shadycon
02-06-2020, 05:27
Elected officials break campaign promises all the time! This makes it harder on law abiding people. IMHO

Duster42
02-08-2020, 04:25
How can they buy back something that they didn't sell to me in the first place????????????
:icon_rolleyes:

barretcreek
02-08-2020, 05:03
Grrr... Can't post to https links.

https://mises.org/wire/what%E2%80%99s-next-virginia-sanctuary-movement

Did it by subterfuge.

lyman
02-08-2020, 05:36
well the House version got out of Committee with minor changes,
still a terrible piece of legislation,

next on to the house, (D majority,, may pass)
then to the Senate for Committee etc etc,

doubt it will pass in its current state,, well, actually hoping it will not pass)

will know by the first week of
March

dryheat
02-09-2020, 02:00
Grrr... Can't post to https links.

https://mises.org/wire/what%E2%80%99s-next-virginia-sanctuary-movement

Did it by subterfuge.

That was an interesting link. Well written. Not fake at all. The gun removal wave is going to run into problems. Too many guns. Unless there is a big magnet that can suck them all up at once, it's going to fail.

Roadkingtrax
02-17-2020, 08:02
HB 961 stopped by Judiciary Committee.

Good news for the State of Virginia, and their 2A supporters.

lyman
02-17-2020, 08:29
HB 961 stopped by Judiciary Committee.

Good news for the State of Virginia, and their 2A supporters.

great news, some dims jumped ship and helped out

holdover
02-18-2020, 08:42
I have said it before, and I will say it again, a politician is a rare animal, especially Democrats. Somehow they forget that many fellow democrats have firearms, like to hunt, shoot have the ability to protect themselves and their family etc and do not want to be restricted. There is a reason we here in Va gathered over 125 sanctuary places for firearms. These places really have little power, BUT we showed those people in Northern VA how we feel, even to the point that some counties are checking out leaving VA and making their county part of West VA, I am all for it. One thing politicians understand is tax revenue, move 10-20 counties to another state and gone is some of the money they like to give away We need to change the motto here in VA from VA is for lovers , to VA is for liberals. ALSO this is why we have the electoral college so that a highly populated corrupt area can't decide an election of a president by the popular vote.