PDA

View Full Version : A rebound in interest?

Dick Hosmer
02-14-2020, 08:18
It seems that more people seem to be reading the trapdoor and Krag threads? That's a good thing.

bruce
02-14-2020, 09:06
Once upon a time a long long time ago ... I was a seminary student with a powerful yen to have a rifle. I started reading Sharpe's book on the rifle in America. And, I got enamored with the TD and Krag rifle. Reality was I had to content myself with a $100 cast receiver 03-A3. Now these many years later ... I have a few nice rifles. But, I still look longingly at the TD's ... and the Krags. Still have a big urge to have a TD w/ a crisp bore ... cast up some 1:20 bullets ... load and fire! Some dreams of our youth never really die ... do they? Sincerely. bruce.

jon_norstog
03-10-2020, 09:30
Warm(er) weather coming. I think I'll go up to Idaho and take the '84 rifle that Al Frasca sold me (instead of the rolling block this time) and waste some powder and lead.

jn

johnt671
03-13-2020, 01:18
I can't wait to shoot my 84 infantry trapdoor. Weather is slowly getting warmer. I've owned it since the late seventy's but never shot it. I'm all set to shoot it now.