PDA

View Full Version : Trump issue orders to buy American drugs

rayg
03-12-2020, 01:48
Trump issue orders to buy American drugs.

‘Buy American’ — White House Confirms Executive Order That Will End Medical Supply Chain Reliance On China

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/11/white-house-executive-order-buy-american-coronavirus-medical-supply-chain-china/#disqus_thread

togor
03-12-2020, 01:52
You mean like weed and fentanyl?

Seriously, it would apply only to Federal agencies and no doubt have an out clause in it.

Meanwhile smaller countries are blowing our doors off when it comes to controlling the virus through direct measurement (i.e., testing).

barretcreek
03-12-2020, 03:57
Beef producers have demonstrated that a sampling protocol (for BSE) is paradoxically more effective than trying to test 100%. If CDC has a previously developed sampling protocol for an epidemic, then use it for the real statistical work and let the private sector deal with the hysterical types, acting as feeder for sending cases with a high probability up the food chain. Making testing a street corner scenario would overload the system in no time.

rayg
03-12-2020, 04:24
You mean like weed and fentanyl?

Seriously, it would apply only to Federal agencies and no doubt have an out clause in it.

Meanwhile smaller countries are blowing our doors off when it comes to controlling the virus through direct measurement (i.e., testing).

Negative, negative , always negative...That's at least a step that no other President took..Hope it leads to other drugs also. Better then what any other Administration took including your beloved idol OB..All you do is post negatives about Trump and don't want to admit any good he had done because you are just a die hard lefty liberal and can't stand this administration is doing any thing good ..........
Show me were other countries with the pop of the US are controlling the virus better...

Gun Smoke
03-12-2020, 04:33
"Smaller countries" also don't have left wing judges that block travel restrictions into their countries.

Bt Doctur
03-12-2020, 04:37
It`s already here so get used to it. Like any other bug you will get it and develop antibodies for it if you are somewhat healthy. Having other serious issues will complicate matters and some will die. That can`t be helped.
We will overcome this just like all the other plagues that happened in America and life will go on.
So to all those hoarding food, sanitizer and toilet paper , you must poop a lot

S.A. Boggs
03-12-2020, 05:06
Negative, negative , always negative...That's at least a step that no other President took..Hope it leads to other drugs also. Better then what any other Administration took including your beloved idol OB..All you do is post negatives about Trump and don't want to admit any good he had done because you are just a die hard lefty liberal and can't stand this administration is doing any thing good ..........
Show me were other countries with the pop of the US are controlling the virus better...

What can you expect from anti social behavior? This is his/her lifestyle of being a constant loser in love and life. When Hillary lost probably sat in the dark and have stayed there. Another four years of President Trump will continue to feed their insecurity and self medicating. Really one must feel sorry for them to live in a constant state of clinical depression with their glass having a constant state of emptiness.
Sam

togor
03-12-2020, 05:09

Well Ray we haven't yet seen the order, but if this was such an obvious thing to do then how come it waits until year 4 of the Trump Administration to come into being?

A big question for me is...what fraction of the supply has to be sourced from this conduit. To some degree the international chem market is fungible, and maybe all that happens is supply connections get reshuffled.

If the intent is to onshore production to the point that new plants are needed, then there's no way the industry does that without higher costs than the Chinese. Costs that get passed on to the taxpayers.

Now if Trump wants price controls he can get Dem support but the pharma swamp creatures will fight that tooth and nail. So maybe a more comprehensive approach than an executive order is appropriate.

BTW there's a difference between critical and negative.

jcg&jmbfan
03-12-2020, 06:06
[QUOTE=togor;576752

Now if Trump wants price controls he can get Dem support
.[/QUOTE]

There is no possibility, zero, that Trump will get Dem support for anything. Everything is always wrong: too much, too little, too soon, too late- just like you on this forum.

togor
03-12-2020, 06:20
Let's be honest--no one thinks Trump is on top of this. They just don't want to see him swallowed up by circumstances. That's a paradoxical combination that will take some time to sort out.

lyman
03-12-2020, 07:07
would you rather see the President come out and say we are all fooked, kiss your backside good by?

think about it for a sec,,,

if the President gave up a stool sample, the media would run 3 days of articles arguing over what shade of brown it was and how that was both a travesty and conspiracy,,,,

togor
03-12-2020, 07:33
To answer your question,

No.

The problem with something like this is that the best you can hope for is to barely stay on top of it. Right now, the White House is behind, and struggling to catch up.

It's not all his fault though.

Commentators at his favorite network have been arguing that it will all blow over.

That has probably created some indecision.

Remember: the point of shutting stuff down is to make the epidemic curve have less of a spike to it. If too many have it at once, they can't all get treatment and then people die.

I have a kid who is a MD. Resident, second year. They're getting ready for battle. Way short on masks.

S.A. Boggs
03-13-2020, 02:42
would you rather see the President come out and say we are all fooked, kiss your backside good by?

think about it for a sec,,,

if the President gave up a stool sample, the media would run 3 days of articles arguing over what shade of brown it was and how that was both a travesty and conspiracy,,,,

What can one expect from a negative, paranoid personality? They are only happy when being miserable and living a dark life projecting this to those around them. Look @ Togey's constant negative posts and one can see this pattern. @ the clinic I saw this daily with clients...negative-negative-negative. Negativity induces the lowering of the bodies abilities to repeal illness. Negative people are constantly having some type of illness and now this is not good. My physician said that my constant being positiveness was a major factor in my recovery from stage 4 dual cancer. Listening to Togey and the other "voices" will only help to bring one down, why do it? Togey is not here to help but to hinder, why help him to work against self???
Sam

rayg
03-13-2020, 02:51
Well Ray we haven't yet seen the order, but if this was such an obvious thing to do then how come it waits until year 4 of the Trump Administration to come into being?

And not a word about all the other presidents that did nothing for years huh... All you can find is negative about Trump. I am now begining to believe that you and all your other names that you use on this site are possibly on marching orders by the Democrat party to knock Trump prior to the election as no normal person/citizen could harbor so much of the hate for him as you demonstrate in so many of your posts. If not so. I would seek medical help as so such negative obsession you have with Thump is not normal.....Lol

togor
03-13-2020, 03:36
Ray,

The executive order may or may not be a great idea. I'm simply pointing out that it wasn't obviously great for a long time. Dictating that private industry change its supplier base is one of those things that could backfire.

As for Trump himself,

Yes, the Bud Holland of Presidents.

You see it too, but don't want to admit it. The thrill of the show perhaps. I just see someone doing it wrong.

rayg
03-13-2020, 04:23
Ray,

Dictating that private industry change its supplier base is one of those things that could backfire.

As for Trump himself,

Yes, the Bud Holland of Presidents.

You see it too, but don't want to admit it. The thrill of the show perhaps. I just see someone doing it wrong.

How could moving the mfg of medical supplies to the US back fire...

Pls explain how Trump compares to a pilot that that cashes his plane own plane to Trump

rayg
03-13-2020, 04:37
Let's be honest--no one thinks Trump is on top of this. They just don't want to see him swallowed up by circumstances. That's a paradoxical combination that will take some time to sort out.

Ha, Ha, almost forgot to post a response to your above post let's be honest!

Ha, Ha, my take on your post is, only you and the Dem's think Trump is not on top of this..

togor
03-13-2020, 04:42
How could moving the mfg of medical supplies to the US back fire...

Pls explain how Trump compares to a pilot that that cashes his plane own plane to Trump

The motivation for onsourcing plants is to avoid disruption due to say an epidemic in the foreign country causing a supply interruption. Well what if the foreign plant is back in operation while we have epidemic problems here? It could be an inauspicious time to take on that particular chore, yes?

Before that guy finally crashed his plane he was doing reckless stuff that caused other people to not want to fly with him. True he only crashed once, but that's not really the point is it. Some people you look at them and think: only a matter of time. You see it too I bet.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha, Ha, almost forgot to post a response to your above post let's be honest!

Ha, Ha, my take on your post is, only you and the Dem's think Trump is not on top of this..

Ray you only think he's on top of it because he's underreacting to circumstances.

rayg
03-13-2020, 04:46
Quote Togor.. "The motivation for onsourcing plants is to avoid disruption due to say an epidemic in the foreign country causing a supply interruption. Well what if the foreign plant is back in operation while we have epidemic problems here? It could be an inauspicious time to take on that particular chore, yes?"

Oh my God...another "the sky is falling" by Togor.. The old what if..Lol

togor
03-13-2020, 04:53
Ray the devil is in the details. You've been an emergency management planner, IIRC. You know this. You also know that some of the stuff that comes from the politicians can cause eyeballs to roll in the heads of people who actually have to implement things. You have this work experience that understands the value of practicality and yet you think this guy is the man. I don't see it.

Also: I'm not blasting the forthcoming executive order. I'm just not bowled over by it site unseen like you. Which one of us is being more level-headed here?

togor
03-13-2020, 05:47
Quote Togor.. "The motivation for onsourcing plants is to avoid disruption due to say an epidemic in the foreign country causing a supply interruption. Well what if the foreign plant is back in operation while we have epidemic problems here? It could be an inauspicious time to take on that particular chore, yes?"

Oh my God...another "the sky is falling" by Togor.. The old what if..Lol

So Ray here is a "sky is falling" piece from Fox News, saying the Chinese are threatening to cut off supplies of drugs to the US.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/chinese-deny-americans-coronavirus-drugs

If this is true, then a puny executive order doesn't begin to cover it! Sometimes a half-measure is worse than doing nothing at all.

I happen to agree with you that a world ruled by dictators will be one ruled by petty dictator quarrels that hurt ordinary people. So I would support onshoring of pharma. But if we're going to do that then let's do it right, which is to say get control of drug prices at the same time. We pay the highest prices in the world, by far, only to discover now that the industry offshored production anyways. If they stopped discovering new drugs we could live pretty long on the ones we have, so long as we can afford them.

rayg
03-13-2020, 06:32
[QUOTE=togor;576778]So Ray here is a "sky is falling" piece from Fox News, saying the Chinese are threatening to cut off supplies of drugs to the US.

Of course.. they see would happen to their economy if the US starts to mfg the drugs so they make threats..

https://www.foxnews.com/world/chinese-deny-americans-coronavirus-drugs

Togor Quote..If this is true, then a puny executive order doesn't begin to cover it! Sometimes a half-measure is worse than doing nothing at all.

Not True, a half measure now is better doing nothing at all..

Togor Quote...I happen to agree with you that a world ruled by dictators will be one ruled by petty dictator quarrels that hurt ordinary people.

I don't recall ever saying that, when did I say that.....

togor
03-13-2020, 06:38
Ray I think the sentiment is implicit in a general distaste for dictators. Didn't think you needed to be on the record for it but feel free.

Re: half measures. They can make things worse. Sometimes half a lane change is a terrible idea. For example.

rayg
03-13-2020, 07:48
Ray I think the sentiment is implicit in a general distaste for dictators. Didn't think you needed to be on the record for it but feel free.

Re: half measures. They can make things worse. Sometimes half a lane change is a terrible idea. For example.

Not always.. half a glass of beer is not as bad as no beer..Lol