PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices?

PaFrank
03-22-2020, 11:36
Just filled up about an hour ago..... $1.75 a gallon I haven't seen gas that cheap for 20years or longer!!

lyman
03-22-2020, 12:50
1.69 and out of gas at the corner store,

free1954
03-22-2020, 01:57
2.23 in northeast PA

Fred
03-22-2020, 02:21
$1.46 at Travis’s and $1.22 at HiVee with our gas discount. West of Omaha

Major Tom
03-22-2020, 03:00
Cheap gas and no where to drive to.

S.A. Boggs
03-22-2020, 04:59
$2.19 Southern Ohio, always the last to go down and the first to raise!!!:eusa_wall:
Sam

Conductor
03-22-2020, 05:35
The state legislature in VA voted last month to raise our gas tax by 10 cents per gallon, with additional tax increases to compensate for inflation. Of course, the additional tax monies are supposed to go for "transportation" projects, but these are mostly things like bike paths, hiking trails, and other non-road and bridge building efforts.
Kind of like Pennsylvania, where the state government raised the gas tax by 8 cents a gallon, and every bit of it went to welfare recipients in Philly and Pittsburg.

lyman
03-22-2020, 06:45
$1.84 at a WaWa in the west end of RVA this afternoon

Johnny P
03-23-2020, 05:34
Russians and Arabs trying to put the new technology U.S. oil producers out of business. Look out if they do.

Bt Doctur
03-23-2020, 06:20
central NJ Costco 1.99 Raceway 2.05 and a no name at 2.11

holdover
03-23-2020, 07:12
Bouncing between 1.90 and 2.00 in the Roanoke area of VA

Gun Smoke
03-23-2020, 08:24
Russians and Arabs trying to put the new technology U.S. oil producers out of business. Look out if they do.

I heard all my life that the U.S. was drowning in oil-that we had bigger reserves than the Saudi's. This was way before the phony oil crisis of the early '70's. Over time much of the easy to extract oil has been pumped and the big reserves are now in shale and off shore. Talk was that this oil could be extracted but would cost more than the general public wanted to pay.

Now that fracking has been developed we are the chief exporter of crude. I wish we weren't. I wish North America would become self sufficient and not export nor import crude. Cost would be more but we would be independent of the world market.

jon_norstog
03-23-2020, 07:24
Bakken crude is below $20 at the wellhead. Whiting was below $.60 a share for a while, it's gone up well over a dollar.... been selling 10 million shares a day, up and down. Someone is making money - they call it "pump and dump."

jn

S.A. Boggs
03-24-2020, 02:09
Within a 5 mile radius price is from $1.86-$2.23, mainly the later.
Sam

Vern Humphrey
03-24-2020, 07:47
I heard all my life that the U.S. was drowning in oil-that we had bigger reserves than the Saudi's. This was way before the phony oil crisis of the early '70's. Over time much of the easy to extract oil has been pumped and the big reserves are now in shale and off shore. Talk was that this oil could be extracted but would cost more than the general public wanted to pay.

Now that fracking has been developed we are the chief exporter of crude. I wish we weren't. I wish North America would become self sufficient and not export nor import crude. Cost would be more but we would be independent of the world market.

We are independent of the world market in oil. And selling any product overseas helps our balance of trade. It's not smart for government to meddle with the economy.

Gun Smoke
03-24-2020, 08:33
We are independent of the world market in oil. And selling any product overseas helps our balance of trade. It's not smart for government to meddle with the economy.

The large oil companies still buy sour (sulfur) cheaper crude from overseas and sell the sweet good stuff crude to small refiners who can not process the crap stock. I wish we would not export at all and conserve what we have.

Vern Humphrey
03-24-2020, 08:49
The large oil companies still buy sour (sulfur) cheaper crude from overseas and sell the sweet good stuff crude to small refiners who can not process the crap stock. I wish we would not export at all and conserve what we have.

Are you willing to accept the resulting trade war? And the impact on the world-wide economy?

S.A. Boggs
03-24-2020, 09:00
Are you willing to accept the resulting trade war? And the impact on the world-wide economy?

Many years ago when I was in college one of my "prefessors" from Kenya said that the American market could do very well trading with itself and that scares the world. Do we really need to trade with China for electronics/textiles/shoes? One thing the U.S. has is food of all types and the ability to grow it here. Food is a powerful weapon for a nation to utilize.
Sam

Vern Humphrey
03-24-2020, 09:02
Many years ago when I was in college one of my "prefessors" from Kenya said that the American market could do very well trading with itself and that scares the world. Do we really need to trade with China for electronics/textiles/shoes? One thing the U.S. has is food of all types and the ability to grow it here. Food is a powerful weapon for a nation to utilize.
Sam

In the 1800s the US became a world economic power by virtue of its internal markets. But it isn't the 1800s any more.

togor
03-24-2020, 09:59
In 2019 the US average crude oil consumption per day was 20M bbl. Production was 12M bbl. So no not energy independent, even if we take everything the Canucks make and add it our own.

We are not independent of the world oil market, as evidenced by the reaction of the industry here to the Russo-Saudi production bump.

Gun Smoke
03-24-2020, 10:03

Gasoline will never stay cheap, if that is what you are implying.

If Crude stays this low for long the feds, state, and county will just tax the hell out of gasoline, more so than they already are.

- - - Updated - - -

Do we really need to trade with China for electronics/textiles/shoes? One thing the U.S. has is food of all types and the ability to grow it here. Food is a powerful weapon for a nation to utilize.
Sam

What is frightening is America allows China to buy farm land and meat processing plants here. As you know, they own Smithfield now. If a shortage ever comes guess where that meat is going? I wonder if this is considered an export since the Chinese own it. Japan does the same.

Vern Humphrey
03-24-2020, 10:24

Now you're putting words in my mouth. I never said, "Gasoline will stay cheap."

I said that selling gas helps our balance of payments, and I hold that maintaining a world wide market for all goods is in our favor. The days of isolation are gone forever.

S.A. Boggs
03-24-2020, 11:08

If Crude stays this low for long the feds, state, and county will just tax the hell out of gasoline, more so than they already are.

- - - Updated - - -

What is frightening is America allows China to buy farm land and meat processing plants here. As you know, they own Smithfield now. If a shortage ever comes guess where that meat is going? I wonder if this is considered an export since the Chinese own it. Japan does the same.

Can you say, "Nationalization for the Duration of the Emergency!"
Sam

Vern Humphrey
03-24-2020, 11:18
[/B]

Can you say, "Nationalization for the Duration of the Emergency!"
Sam

Why? How's than gonna help? We might just as well nationalize the panty hose industru!

S.A. Boggs
03-24-2020, 12:29
Why? How's than gonna help? We might just as well nationalize the panty hose industru!

Don't say that, you want to get the "three" going on that again?
Sam

Vern Humphrey
03-24-2020, 01:06
Don't say that, you want to get the "three" going on that again?
Sam

Xin Loi! I didn't see the flaw there.

Former Cav
03-30-2020, 03:00
still 2.65 a gallon at some places in Phoenix.

Vern Humphrey
03-30-2020, 03:04
still 2.65 a gallon at some places in Phoenix.

Dang! It's $1.95 a gallon at the Wal Mark Murphy's gas station here. Tomorrow, we're going down out of the hills to another town where I expect it will be substantially lower than that.

Former Cav
03-30-2020, 03:07
my understanding is that our gas comes in from the PRK.....so we get burned.
They buy half our electricity from our Palo Verde NUke plant and a lot of our water too!
Then they want to boycott AZ when we wanted to pass SB 1040 about illegals a few years back.
Got a lot of those libtards moving here. They are going to ruin the place.

Vern Humphrey
03-30-2020, 03:14
my understanding is that our gas comes in from the PRK.....so we get burned.
They buy half our electricity from our Palo Verde NUke plant and a lot of our water too!
Then they want to boycott AZ when we wanted to pass SB 1040 about illegals a few years back.
Got a lot of those libtards moving here. They are going to ruin the place.

That's why when any of us talk about Arkansas where Californians can hear us, we talk about the vampire bats, giant rattlesnakes and leprosy epidemics.:evil6:

lyman
03-30-2020, 03:17
1.59 today,

filled my old Tundra up for $35

Vern Humphrey
03-30-2020, 03:24
I used to fill my old Volkswagen up for $2.50.

lyman
03-30-2020, 03:29
that was back when you had to squeeze the oil out of a dinosaur,,,,:icon_lol:

gwp
03-30-2020, 03:59
Regular $1.43 West of INDY, but some are up to $1.65 this afternoon.

Vern Humphrey
03-30-2020, 04:21
that was back when you had to squeeze the oil out of a dinosaur,,,,:icon_lol:

Nah, you just milked them like a cow.

Tuna
03-30-2020, 05:28
$1.16 in part of my state and dropping.

dryheat
03-30-2020, 10:13
We have been paying way to much here all along. Central AZ.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, you just milked them like a cow.

How many dinosaurs does it take to make a barrel of oil? Fifty million years worth. Oil is proof that God wants us to be happy(my brilliant take on the old quote).

Vern Humphrey
03-31-2020, 08:36
We have been paying way to much here all along. Central AZ.

- - - Updated - - -

How many dinosaurs does it take to make a barrel of oil?

Just one -- you milk them twice a day.

Former Cav
04-06-2020, 12:00
still 2.59 for regular in sNottsdale, AZ
just took the 71 Skylark for a 10 mile cruise to burn some of the gas through it before it gums up my quadrajet.

Vern Humphrey
04-06-2020, 01:14
$1.19 at Leslie, Arkansas.:banana100: