PDA

View Full Version : Underwood .....

Sandpebble
03-29-2020, 11:09
Was just going through my totally disorganized filing cabinet in search of some needed info for this years dreaded tax filing.

Didn't find the needed proof of a particular business expenditure... but what I did find was a stash of some old gun purchase receipts. This one belongs here

Purchased from an FFL at a gun show on 4/26/97 was Underwood ser. # 6139030 in very nice condition

It came with original barrel and a few Underwood parts and two mags and was sitting in a handsome pot belly stock.

Also included was a genuine G.I. period canvas carry bag {1944 date I believe} a mag pouch, a sling and a correct period bayonet .

It proved a very good shooter...as far as carbines go .

Credit card was hit that day for $475.00 and I got a free coffee mug with the deal.

Mug says Riley's Gun Shop on it and I'm still drinking my morning coffee from it .....

carbines been gone a long time now and at a profit way back then ...

Tuna
03-30-2020, 06:59
Would that have been Riley's in New Hampshire?

Sandpebble
04-20-2020, 11:48
Yeah .... Riley's in N.H. very sorry to hear it is now gone . Once purchased a 70 series Colt Gold Cup there with the serial number of 4545. Very kool serial number for a .45

Riley's was a special place back when

Tuna
04-25-2020, 07:30
Yes it was. Once bought some reloading supplies there and another time checked in my deer as it was a checking station. Man that was 33 years ago. Time flies and one doesn't even realize it.