PDA

View Full Version : Parades canceled

jon_norstog
03-29-2020, 02:37
I'm in two marching bands, including The Beat Goes On http://www.thebeatgoesonmb.org/ and Unpresidented. We had a bunch of parades lined up for the spring, now they are all canceled. Last event was a raucous Purim parade at Havurah Shalom a couple weeks ago. All practices canceled too, which means we would sound like crap if we DID go out.

Everything into June is gone. I'm hoping that we can do the patriotic events, especially July 4. Memorial Day is probably out.

Clubs are all closed too, so I can't go there and play either.

Good time to go upstairs and play scales I guess.

jn

lyman
03-29-2020, 03:07
wife and I are avid concert goers,

I have 3 concerts to attend in July, that have not been canceled,

every venue we frequent (RVA, Tidewater and DC area) were closed until early April,
now they are announcing some are closed until June 1

Conductor
04-03-2020, 12:23
I saw a video the other day regarding the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic. Although it was common knowledge that the flu was spread by close human contact, the City of Philadelphia held a "Buy War Bonds" parade, which drew thousands and thousands of spectators and marchers. It is estimated that 4500 people caught the flu and died after attending or participating in the parade.

So maybe the cancellation of your two parades was a good idea.

jon_norstog
04-03-2020, 01:43
I saw a video the other day regarding the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic. Although it was common knowledge that the flu was spread by close human contact, the City of Philadelphia held a "Buy War Bonds" parade, which drew thousands and thousands of spectators and marchers. It is estimated that 4500 people caught the flu and died after attending or participating in the parade.

So maybe the cancellation of your two parades was a good idea.

I'm thinking the same. Some of the bandies are going out on the front porch and playing the National Anthem at 7 PM. I think I might do that too, also break out he old French horn just for the added glamour

jn