PDA

View Full Version : Stuck inside and miss shooting, try this ..

rayg
03-31-2020, 12:12
Not sure if anyone mentioned this before but here is what I used to do when it was too cold to go out side and shoot!. You can use it with revolver or autos. Of course single shot.

I made bullets out of wax that was fired just by a primer. And shot it the basement. Easy to make, and actually you don't need any reloading equipment just primers.

Use a nail and a block with a hole drilled in just smaller then the rim of the case and put the case over the hole mouth up and punch out the fired primer with a small nail that fits in the primer hole. Clean out the primer hole. Then lay a primer on a wood block and align it over the empty primer hole and tap the mouth of the case with a block of wood to insert the primer. Keep face away of the open case while doing so. Take primed case, insert the mouth of it into a block of soft wax and push the case in a bit to obtain a wax bullet...If I remember, it was accurate up to about 10 yrs or so..Make sure to back the target up as the wax bullet does penetrate a bit..Lots of fun...Ray

S.A. Boggs
03-31-2020, 03:59
On my indoor pistol range I use CO2 and can shoot from 70' to mere inches. I have a pistol that mimics my P220 including slide recoil. Best of all the pellets are reusable and I save back the spent CO2 case as swinging targets as well.:banana100:
Sam

lyman
04-01-2020, 05:55
friend used to do that for fast draw practice,

primer in a shell, paraffin wax disc, and small target across the room,

it was a bit messy, and he just used an older C press and universal decapper die,

the reprimed with a hand primer

Dan in NH
04-01-2020, 02:02
I have some plastic bullets that press into a case by hand and are fired by a primer only. They are reusable and will penetrate cardboard from across the basement.