PDA

View Full Version : Striker fired pistols

S.A. Boggs
03-31-2020, 03:51
For those with personal experience with this type of firearms, does one leave it in condition one or at the end of the day [ccw] unload and decock. Sigmund is able to be loaded, hammer down without a problem. What about the striker fired ones?
Sam

togor
03-31-2020, 04:13
Storage condition on my Glock is dry fired, mag out.

I have it under lock and key with a full mag next to it. I rotate mags periodically to spread out the compressed time on the springs.

I am a believer in general of relaxing springs in storage, where practical.

lyman
03-31-2020, 06:07
I have a couple glocks, but they are range guns, not loaded, and dryfired once cleaned,

my carry rotation does not include striker fired stuff,

- - - Updated - - -

For those with personal experience with this type of firearms, does one leave it in condition one or at the end of the day [ccw] unload and decock. Sigmund is able to be loaded, hammer down without a problem. What about the striker fired ones?
Sam

Curious why you would unload them each night?

jcg&jmbfan
03-31-2020, 06:39
If for edc, I would leave it condition one. For storage, empty chamber and magazines and dry fired.

S.A. Boggs
04-01-2020, 03:55
I have a couple glocks, but they are range guns, not loaded, and dryfired once cleaned,

my carry rotation does not include striker fired stuff,

- - - Updated - - -

Curious why you would unload them each night?

I asked Ruger about leaving them in condition one, it was recommended not to as of the possibility of spring damage in the long run.
Sam

lyman
04-01-2020, 05:50
I asked Ruger about leaving them in condition one, it was recommended not to as of the possibility of spring damage in the long run.
Sam

define long run,

weeks, months, years?

I bought a Seecamp 20+ yrs ago, one of my carry guns in warm weather,

I bought a handful of magazines with it so I could rotate them out,

the original is still loaded, I unload it at the range a couple times a year,

no issues,

ditto the mags in my other carry guns, (magazine, etc)

wondering if it may be prudent to buy an extra spring or 2, and just shoot the gun on a semi regular basis to check ?

S.A. Boggs
04-01-2020, 07:25
My P75 [P220} has stayed loaded since day one, close to 8 years now with no problem. I unload to shoot/clean and nothing else is needed.
Sam

shadycon
04-01-2020, 09:48
My Ruger Redhawk stays loaded.:eusa_dance:

Major Tom
04-02-2020, 04:35
I keep my S&W M&P 45 loaded with manual safety on. I won't mess with any gun that doesn't have a manual safety. I really like my government 45 with it's grip lock, thumb safety, but it is heavy and only 7 rounds.

kj47
04-02-2020, 04:56
Keep my Security Six loaded in my nitestand. SR40 when I go out.

free1954
04-03-2020, 03:45
Sam
the only striker fired pistol I own is a sccy cpx2. it is not cocked. it will only fire if you use the trigger.

Conductor
04-03-2020, 12:17
The only striker-fired pistol I've ever carried is an H&K P7. It is always uncocked until the cocking lever is squeezed. Release the cocking lever, and the gun is uncocked.
I would never carry a Glock in any condition or in any circumstance. The only semi-auto pistol that I currently own that I would carry is a S&W Model 39. Other than that, it's my J-frame hammerless.

shadycon
04-03-2020, 04:10
The only striker-fired pistol I've ever carried is an H&K P7. It is always uncocked until the cocking lever is squeezed. Release the cocking lever, and the gun is uncocked.
I would never carry a Glock in any condition or in any circumstance. The only semi-auto pistol that I currently own that I would carry is a S&W Model 39. Other than that, it's my J-frame hammerless.

My 3913 is great in a shoulder holster!!