PDA

View Full Version : Accurized only by the careful assembly...

Craig from kazoo
04-05-2020, 03:09
I was reading the 2020 CMP Games rules concerning replacement barrels, and they're fine. Figured since I bought it from them.

But, while reading through the rules I came across this:

4.2 As-Issued Military Rifles
4.2.1 General As-Issued Military Rifle Requirements
The following rules apply to all as-issued U. S. and foreign military rifles unless specific exceptions are noted in these rules:

h) Rifles may be accurized only by the careful assembly of standard parts;

Anybody know what these assembly procedures may be? I'm guessing torque values and assembly sequence? Seems like something I aught to know, especially if they go the trouble to mention it!

If you know I'd be grateful to hear it, just getting ready to have an 03a3's barrel replaced.

Thanks a lot

Merc
04-05-2020, 04:58
Just curious to know what happened to the original 03A3 barrel.

Craig from kazoo
04-05-2020, 06:29
I bought the rifle from a gentleman in Texas, whom I believe shot a lot, service rifle perhaps. And I think he was said he could make no claims for accuracy.

The barrel suffered throat errosion and the last 3 or four inches of the rifling is all but gone. Original is of no use to me after the Criterian's installed. I have the new barrel, just gotta get it installed.

It's a parts gun in nice condition, and although I'm stoked about getting this new barrel on, I wonder how a NOS two groove would have shot.