PDA

View Full Version : The international monetary fund said 1930's style depression

dryheat
04-15-2020, 10:12
A world wide depression similar to the 1930's the IMF guy said. I saw dairies are dumping milk. I guess they export a lot of it to Mexico. I also saw farmers are not able to harvest some crops and they will just sit in the field. So food shortages for some countries. There was a clip on Venesuela. Things are expected to get worse there, if that's possible. Can we expect more refugees?

S.A. Boggs
04-15-2020, 12:44
A world wide depression similar to the 1930's the IMF guy said. I saw dairies are dumping milk. I guess they export a lot of it to Mexico. I also saw farmers are not able to harvest some crops and they will just sit in the field. So food shortages for some countries. There was a clip on Venesuela. Things are expected to get worse there, if that's possible. Can we expect more refugees?

Probably from American large cities to the country in search of food. Already those who can are leaving for their other homes and in some cases being turned away. If you are not already here it is probably too late.
Sam

clintonhater
04-15-2020, 02:52
Another '30s Depression? Dems are praying for that! And doing all they can to make it happen!

m1ashooter
04-15-2020, 04:07
The dairies dumping milk and crops sitting in the fields is easy to explain. I'll use a friends business as an example. He runs a dairy Co-Op, remember cows have to milked at least twice a day. 40% of his business was schools and restaurants. Those markets were shut down, leaving them with a surplus. So you would think that this surplus could just be sourced to the grocery chains because they logically see a increase in milk demand from the parents whose kids are at home, but the grocery stores have dedicated supply chains and are going to utilize those sources hoping that they can meet the demand before they bring on new sources. So yes right now milk is being dumped. You can just substitute produce into the same story line for the same results.

Now what happens if this drags out is anybody's guess. Maybe the obesity issues will go away.

lyman
04-15-2020, 07:47
The dairies dumping milk and crops sitting in the fields is easy to explain. I'll use a friends business as an example. He runs a dairy Co-Op, remember cows have to milked at least twice a day. 40% of his business was schools and restaurants. Those markets were shut down, leaving them with a surplus. So you would think that this surplus could just be sourced to the grocery chains because they logically see a increase in milk demand from the parents whose kids are at home, but the grocery stores have dedicated supply chains and are going to utilize those sources hoping that they can meet the demand before they bring on new sources. So yes right now milk is being dumped. You can just substitute produce into the same story line for the same results.

Now what happens if this drags out is anybody's guess. Maybe the obesity issues will go away.

exactly,

most larger chains own or lease their own dairy processing plants, , or contract a company to bottle it for them,

the smaller chains use local, or someone like PET or Marva Maid, to meet the needs,

and the contracts for milk at the dairies are long term contracts, rarely will a spike cause them to go outside the contract,