PDA

View Full Version : Contrails

togor
04-19-2020, 05:01
I've definitely noticed more cloudless skies, especially in the evening, with no jet aircraft seeding high clouds that linger.

This article talks about how a small fraction of flights might cause net heat-trapping. Anyways I would think this Covid related reduction in aircraft exhaust as well as other emission sources is a significant natural experiment.

https://www.wired.com/story/plane-contrails-surprising-effect-global-warming/

barretcreek
04-19-2020, 05:51
This latest Chinese export will give us lots of empirical data to work with, as far as epidemiology. It may also restart the economy into a new and more creative direction. People are willing and ready to go back to work and the fast tracking of pharmaceuticals will lead many to say to hell with regulatory bottlenecks and strangulation, just do it and fight later. The heavy handedness of some gov't types is really uh, displeasing many people. So ChiCom V may be the cloud the silver lining needed to hide in, to borrow from one of my teachers.

togor
04-19-2020, 06:25
In defense of bottlenecks,

Many of the antibody tests,

recently imported from China,

with FDA approval not required,

have turned out to be worthless crap.

The FDA has since decided to get more involved.

Major Tom
04-20-2020, 06:26
We live near a small regional airport. Emisions from jet fuel put a black layer on everything outside which can only be removed with a power washer.

lyman
04-20-2020, 08:25
somewhere I found a link that shows air traffic,

shows a considerable decline, obviously,

also shows origin and destination etc,

I found it interesting, if I can find it again on my home laptop I'll post it up

m1ashooter
04-20-2020, 08:59
I've always been a chemtrail vs Contrail believer as I've seen them over Houston and off the coast of NJ many times. I enjoy looking at the sky and have done so as a kid. I work and life close to Bush Airport in Houston and I'm always looking up. I will say with the lack of aircraft in the skys I haven't seen and chemtrail patterns since Jan. I do know what a contrail looks like.

jon_norstog
04-21-2020, 12:08
I've definitely noticed more cloudless skies, especially in the evening, with no jet aircraft seeding high clouds that linger.

This article talks about how a small fraction of flights might cause net heat-trapping. Anyways I would think this Covid related reduction in aircraft exhaust as well as other emission sources is a significant natural experiment.

https://www.wired.com/story/plane-contrails-surprising-effect-global-warming/

Now that you mention it, yeah! The main thing I've noticd is the sharp reduction in low-level F-15 flights over our neighborhood. Oregon ANG not only trains at the nearby PDX airport, the US brings in a lot of "friendlies" for pilot training. Sometimes flights of four aircraft will be together at low altitude! It's the sound of freedom! If that's the case I must be REALLY free!

Anyway I might hear a plane every other day now.

jn