PDA

View Full Version : Another thought on COVID-19

Gun Smoke
04-28-2020, 07:29
What's happening in NYC was to be expected, even before the chink virus came to America.

Why isn't the same happening (just as bad or worse) in Illinois and California?

Why aren't the tent people in LA and SA dying by the thousands since they can not distance themselves from others and live in filth? Also, they don't have the means to sanitize very well either. Or, is this happening and the media keeps it a secret to not discredit the democrats?

Now while there ARE higher numbers in IL, CA and WA and other liberal run cities, they don't compare to NYC and it's suburbs.

togor
04-28-2020, 07:51
So a post to poke at your favorite hobgoblins.

If the virus gets a running start it uses it. If it doesn't then a different story. Weather may have something to do with it, as well as indoors/outdoors.

Homeless are outdoors if the weather allows.

Meatpackers and condo dwellers and club goers are indoors.

State parks are mostly outdoors, except for the bathrooms.

S.A. Boggs
04-28-2020, 07:51
Interesting questions, any answers?
Sam

m1ashooter
04-28-2020, 07:57
I know that I've been the healthiest when living under canvas. I thought that the homeless would get hit hard but I guess not.

Gun Smoke
04-28-2020, 08:21
So a post to poke at your favorite hobgoblins.

Well, I don't see those living in the red states and cities being hit near as hard so yeah.

togor
04-28-2020, 09:00
Well, I don't see those living in the red states and cities being hit near as hard so yeah.

Look at the data per capita and it paints a different picture as to who is doing better than who. Also watch trends, who is trending up or down in per capita rate. County level data too helps fill in the image.

Among the homeless, in no small numbers, are military veterans, and kids.

You do community theater?

Gun Smoke
04-28-2020, 09:29
Look at the data per capita and it paints a different picture as to who is doing better than who. Also watch trends, who is trending up or down in per capita rate. County level data too helps fill in the image.

Among the homeless, in no small numbers, are military veterans, and kids.

You do community theater?

I don't need to watch, research, investigate or make up anything to know what is going on.

togor
04-28-2020, 10:02
I don't need to watch, research, investigate or make up anything to know what is going on.

Of course you don't.

For others, per capital rates can help with something as simple as shopping.

I'm in the auto parts or grocery store in Sioux Falls, Waterloo, or Pittsburgh. I see 10 other people. What are the chances of one of them being in the early stages of being sick? Per capita data can help you figure those odds. Which of those towns is most likely to require plexiglass barriers? Pittsburgh, obviously. Trends matter too. It takes time to corral a fresh outbreak, and while that is going on, there can be more people circulating who ought to be in quarantine but aren't.

Gun Smoke
04-28-2020, 10:17
Of course you don't.

For others, per capital rates can help with something as simple as shopping.

I'm in the auto parts or grocery store in Sioux Falls, Waterloo, or Pittsburgh. I see 10 other people. What are the chances of one of them being in the early stages of being sick? Per capita data can help you figure those odds. Which of those towns is most likely to require plexiglass barriers? Pittsburgh, obviously. Trends matter too. It takes time to corral a fresh outbreak, and while that is going on, there can be more people circulating who ought to be in quarantine but aren't.

You don't know what others have any time at any place. With our open borders and riff raff coming into our country any disease or virus can exist and be spread, even illnesses we got rid of long ago like TB.

But

Staying away from known overcrowded, filthy, disease infested liberal cities goes a long ways toward NOT catching something.

togor
04-28-2020, 11:21
You don't know what others have any time at any place. With our open borders and riff raff coming into our country any disease or virus can exist and be spread, even illnesses we got rid of long ago like TB.

But

Staying away from known overcrowded, filthy, disease infested liberal cities goes a long ways toward NOT catching something.

By all means stay as far away from other people as you can.

S.A. Boggs
04-28-2020, 11:32
CV19 has one thing going for it and that is is not Joe Biden! Can you imagine how worse the nation would be having the virus and Biden?
Sam

Sandpebble
04-28-2020, 11:56
CV19 has one thing going for it and that is is not Joe Biden! Can you imagine how worse the nation would be having the virus and Biden?
Sam

I know what you mean....Biden would have us all ingesting disinfectant for free on the tax payers dime

togor
04-28-2020, 12:52
Sam

Remember that the disorganization in the current Federal response is a feature, not a bug. 100% intentional, and when they call it a "perfect" response they really mean it. From that perspective, you really believe a Biden, Hillary etc. would outdo a GOP President? I think not.