PDA

View Full Version : Gun Parts Info

JOHN COOK
05-05-2020, 06:44
First of all I make this clear, I have not purchased any parts from this supplier. WWW.amherst-depot.com
I did buy a couple of WW II 1903 Military Manuals. They sent me a brochure which shows a lot of parts for various military weapons, Parts could be original or maybe not ,I don’t know because I did not purchase any parts, Passing this on for your info. They are based in Englewood, FL. 941-475-2020

John in sc

lyman
05-05-2020, 06:49
I've known Jay since the late 70's, good guy,

he used to be based out of Amherst Md,

he drives up to one of the Chantilly (NGS) shows each year,

spent many a Fri and or Sat night drinking beer with him, and hanging out at my shop when years ago,

dryheat
05-05-2020, 10:57
Well, there's some first hand knowledge. Tainted a little since maybe it was established on a one or two day binder. I don't know what prompted the OP, but it's good to see a little gun talk. I was at a little car show out in the east side a month or so ago and what struck me was it was all old guys(leveling, I'm 69). Same guys that I see at the Gunshow(well,maybe not quite as old since guns are current more).

lyman
05-06-2020, 06:05
Well, there's some first hand knowledge. Tainted a little since maybe it was established on a one or two day binder. I don't know what prompted the OP, but it's good to see a little gun talk. I was at a little car show out in the east side a month or so ago and what struck me was it was all old guys(leveling, I'm 69). Same guys that I see at the Gunshow(well,maybe not quite as old since guns are current more).

it was common at gunshows many years ago (80's and earlier) to have a cooler of beer behind the table,
and if the show was out of town, find a place to drink several with dinner

lil chef in Roanoke had fantastic fried chicken, and the beer was not expensive

JOHN COOK
05-06-2020, 07:07
Well, there's some first hand knowledge. Tainted a little since maybe it was established on a one or two day binder.

Well first a binder is a adhesive, I think you meant bender... Next, I put the information up due to the fact a lot of people look for parts and this was a source that I happen to find.

john in SC

lyman
05-06-2020, 09:01
Well first a binder is a adhesive, I think you meant bender... Next, I put the information up due to the fact a lot of people look for parts and this was a source that I happen to find.

john in SC

not to mention he assumed the drinking got out of hand, (bender)

:1948: