PDA

View Full Version : Bolt supply replenished.

nf1e
05-06-2020, 02:45
Now that Bula Defense Systems has all their different bolt headspace sizes back in inventory, I was able to replace the ones used in the last few months of rifle assembly.
This is my shop bolt inventory. All 7 Bula sizes and the rest are an assortment of reclaimed USGI.

https://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x413/nf1e/nf1e165/Bolt%20selection..jpg (https://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/nf1e165/Bolt%20selection..jpg.html)

bostonbound
05-09-2020, 07:16
Please enlighten my ignorance. Bula makes different size bolts for headspacing M1As? Is this because of chrome lined barrels?

Please explain, I am trying to learn, not criticize.

nf1e
05-10-2020, 02:48
Please enlighten my ignorance. Bula makes different size bolts for headspacing M1As? Is this because of chrome lined barrels?

Please explain, I am trying to learn, not criticize.

Yes. They have been doing this for a few years now. Most USGI Chrome lined barrels were difficult to impossible to headspace properly with commercial receivers. Bula has made it possible to attain a decent headspace with Chrome lined or even some take off barrels that had previously been reamed to a different receiver. I bought my first armorer's kit from them about 6 years ago. There are a lot of barrels that can be used for something other than tomato stakes using the correct bolt.

bostonbound
05-23-2020, 02:38
Thanks very much. If I buy a barrel from Bula, can I buy a bolt that will headspace to it? Would I have to send them my receiver, or do they match up bolt and barrel with a stock receiver?

As you can tell, I'm new to the M14 world.

nf1e
05-23-2020, 05:54
Thanks very much. If I buy a barrel from Bula, can I buy a bolt that will headspace to it? Would I have to send them my receiver, or do they match up bolt and barrel with a stock receiver?

As you can tell, I'm new to the M14 world.

Some good news, Bula no longer makes chrome lined barrels. What you would get now is a barrel that is short spaced and you would simple ream to your bolt, receiver to headspace.

bostonbound
05-25-2020, 04:18
Thanks!