PDA

View Full Version : TV shortage now!

S.A. Boggs
05-08-2020, 09:55
This morning our TV went out and had to buy a new one. The only one in the store is a TCL 65" hd and only 3 of them. Never heard of the brand, but the majority of the TV's I am ignorant to as well. The old TV will go to my buddies electronic shop for him to fix and then I am going to put it into my revamped reloading room. This new one is ROKU enabled already so the ROKU will go with me.
Sam

jmm03
05-08-2020, 10:25
The TCL brand has gotten good reviews as to picture quality and general build quality if I am remembering correctly when I was comparing brands. (but being cheap I have not bought one since our 30 year old Sony Trinatron sort of works...)Jim

clintonhater
05-08-2020, 11:29
(but being cheap I have not bought one since our 30 year old Sony Trinatron sort of works...)Jim

Cheap? If it's not broke, why fix it? My Panasonic which still has its 1998 date sticker on the back works perfectly! I hate flat-screens & dread the day I might have to acquire one; but if I'm lucky, I'll pre-decease my Panasonic.

jmm03
05-08-2020, 09:01
ok, frugal... the end is near on the old girl though, the edges of the screen are slowly but surely moving in, a sort of tunnel vision, it is more or less a black and white tv as the color control does not work any more, we only get a couple of stations because the antenna is old and doesn't pick up like it used to. And I was wrong on the age, we bought it in 83... Jim

clintonhater
05-08-2020, 10:09
And I was wrong on the age, we bought it in 83... Jim

AWESOME! Can't match that in the TV dep't, BUT I'm still driving (& loving!) my 1980 Land Cruiser. May not be true anymore, but the old Jap stuff was made to last.

S.A. Boggs
05-09-2020, 01:33
As of 2015 Friday night I saw the last of the TV's leave the store, only display ones left on the wall. Daughter had to order a new Blue Ray player as are current one won't properly interface with the new set, so I will also get the Blue Ray as well. Mom likes the idea of a larger screen as well as a surround sound for the new living room. Will be picking up the new set this AM and will let you know in a few days a review.
Sam

Major Tom
05-09-2020, 02:13
A good thing about flat screen TVs is that they are light weight and moved around easily. Our old Panasonic 30 inch TV took 2 adults to move and a sturdy table for it to sit on.

shadycon
05-09-2020, 05:16
A good thing about flat screen TVs is that they are light weight and moved around easily. Our old Panasonic 30 inch TV took 2 adults to move and a sturdy table for it to sit on.

I've got one of these old dinosaurs. Mine is an old 36' Sharp, still works good and the picture is getting like a new flat screen, it doesn't fit the screen . It is either chopped or squashed. In the old days at least the picture fit the screen. I love modern technology! Replace one item and you have to replace everything associated with it.:1948: