PDA

View Full Version : Picking winners and losers in WWII

RED
05-17-2020, 10:38
In the beginning of war FDR had received no good news from the field in 10n weeks. Somebody did a survey among the top brass of the Navy and guess how many "winners," were identified and how many were left out?

An interesting piece of history.

https://www.usni.org/magazines/naval-history-magazine/2011/may/picking-winners

togor
05-17-2020, 12:14
Yes, interesting. A few of those guys liked the bottle. I believe the same was said of King on occasion. It's the Navy, not the Temperance League.

RED
05-17-2020, 07:07
Quite a message from a stupid low life piece of trash and a low life American traitor that is aiding and abetting a coup d’etat to overthrow the legally elected government of the USA.

It was a survey of the Navy’s high ranking officers of the day. The “bottle” was not on the survey.

Agitate, agitate, agitate, lie, lie, lie, twist and turn, hate and burn from a total piece of trash that hates his country, his heritage, and his American Heritage.

RED
05-17-2020, 07:17
Oh, BTW, please enumerate the particular Admirals that the survey dismissed because of “the bottle.”

Bottle? You are a quart bottle of ExLax... no matter how you use it, it still produces nothing but sh!t.

Roadkingtrax
05-17-2020, 07:28
Heritage = Togor was a Navy man?

dryheat
05-17-2020, 10:41
I love a Red post. I'm guessing the OP was just something interesting that was read. To be honest, I'd have to spend an hour delving into the history of the Navy. Then comes the Yosemite Sam part. RTK said it before me. Red gives Togor some cred for having some heritage.
The thing I remember about the Pacific war was the slam that [the captain] took for not finding the Japanese fleet. I read the book, but it's been a while.

lyman
05-18-2020, 06:34
I love a Red post. I'm guessing the OP was just something interesting that was read. To be honest, I'd have to spend an hour delving into the history of the Navy. Then comes the Yosemite Sam part. RTK said it before me. Red gives Togor some cred for having some heritage.
The thing I remember about the Pacific war was the slam that [the captain] took for not finding the Japanese fleet. I read the book, but it's been a while.

I think both of them may have been in the cups,

togor
05-18-2020, 01:29
"It's the Navy, not the Temperance League" ought to be clear enough.

https://www.navyhistory.org/2013/03/book-review-admirals-nimitz-halsey-leahy-king-five-star-admirals-won-war-at-sea/

That book was given to me Christmas, 2018. Interesting to read about Leahy.

I have no idea what Red's deal is.