PDA

View Full Version : No escaping this for U.S. and Canada

S.A. Boggs
08-13-2020, 11:16
Winter will be here in a short time and coincide with the American election. With a really hard winter, CV19, shortages {take your pick}, the new year could be quite interesting for one and all!
Cheers!
Sam

bruce
08-13-2020, 06:56
Hello Sam!!! Winter? Probably going to be a doozie. We'll see. Sincerely. bruce.

Mark in Ottawa
08-15-2020, 03:57
Unfortunately this winter will be the first time in 10 years or so that we will not be part of the great Canadian migration to Florida. As far as I can see, Florida is unlikely to have the virus under control (6,400 new cases in the last day); the border will probably not be open although officials on both sides keep extending the closure by only one month at a time and it is unlikely that we would be able to get travel insurance. I have just had to tell our excellent landlord that we will not be able to rent his unit this season. We have a lot of friends who own condos in Florida and at this time nobody is planning to go south. Apparently there are over one million trips to Florida each year by Canadians and the economic hit on the State will be in the billions of dollars. Really unfortunate is that Ottawa where I live takes pride in the fact that it is the coldest National Capital in the world - colder than Moscow!

Johnny P
08-15-2020, 04:41
Florida may be full from all the people escaping the Democrat run northern cities. The riots should still be going on.

S.A. Boggs
08-17-2020, 03:08
[QUOTE=Mark in Ottawa;593044]Unfortunately this winter will be the first time in 10 years or so that we will not be part of the great Canadian migration to Florida. As far as I can see, Florida is unlikely to have the virus under control (6,400 new cases in the last day); the border will probably not be open although officials on both sides keep extending the closure by only one month at a time and it is unlikely that we would be able to get travel insurance. I have just had to tell our excellent landlord that we will not be able to rent his unit this season. We have a lot of friends who own condos in Florida and at this time nobody is planning to go south. Apparently there are over one million trips to Florida each year by Canadians and the economic hit on the State will be in the billions of dollars. Really unfortunate is that Ottawa where I live takes pride in the fact that it is the coldest National Capital in the world - colder than Moscow!

Talked to my brother who lives in Ocala and he said that CV19 is hitting his AO pretty hard. Maybe staying home is not a bad idea and just put up with winter. If our winter is harsh and people stay indoors [shopping malls and the like] CV19 will only increase. I just got my test results back and I have not been exposed to the disease.
Sam