PDA

View Full Version : primers

S.A. Boggs
10-28-2020, 04:40
Still looking!
Sam

Gun Smoke
10-28-2020, 04:56
I didn't realize things had gone to hell so badly. Pat's reloading is out of small primers. GB has several pages of sellers who will ship but the prices are ridiculous. In this case BLM--look what they've accomplished with citizens preparing for them.

You may want to start looking for that half clothed chick on the island.

lyman
10-28-2020, 06:45
in this area, when the Lord Northam failed to get the assault bans passed, (panic ) and then the plandemic started out and the toilet paper hoarders starting buying up guns and ammo, there was a big surge in reloading supplies and a lot of folks started reloading

primers been scarce every since

Roadkingtrax
10-28-2020, 07:02
Ammunition manufacturers are above reloading on the supply tier. I don't think much will be back on the shelf for a while, but I've picked up some extra small rifle primers this month. You have to be ready to buy when they pop up.

m1ashooter
10-29-2020, 09:12
Another good lesson learned. The supply of ammo is far behind the demand. I started on a quest in April for reloading components as I was buying a rifle in 300 black out and wasn't willing to pay over the counter prices. I got lucky and found small rifle and pistol but like everyone else haven't found any since. You can buy brass, powder, bullets but no primers.

I've been buying bullets every month and now have to do a powder order to get ahead of what may lay before us as well as mags.

S.A. Boggs
10-29-2020, 12:22
I "solved" my rifle powder last year with my 48lb buy from Jeff Bartlett, couldn't pass up $16 lb!
Sam

lyman
10-29-2020, 02:47
Bartlett does have some good deals,

I used a few bottles of W844 from him over the years

S.A. Boggs
10-29-2020, 04:30
Been dealing with Jeff for close to 40 years back when he and his dad also ran a fuel operation.
Sam

dogtag
11-03-2020, 02:51
You may also have trouble finding No. 11 caps, maybe even flints.

As a matter of interest (I don't shoot any more) I just browsed thru
my once favorite supplier (Midsouth Shooters Supply) - everything
is either marked 'out of stock' or 'backordered', including round ball molds.
Glad I kept all my ammo and reloading stuff - I may need it.

bdm
11-04-2020, 12:24
I purchased ahead with everything i need to reload with knowing this was going to happen

dogtag
11-04-2020, 04:06
As the old saying goes - The early bird gets the ammo
and the toilet paper.
Worth their weight in gold when things go south.

lyman
11-04-2020, 05:24
As the old saying goes - The early bird gets the ammo
and the toilet paper.
Worth their weight in gold when things go south.

glad to see you back dogtag

S.A. Boggs
01-09-2021, 04:02
Stopped at a local gun shop that I hadn't been to in two month, the shop had changed hands. THEY HAD PRIMERS IN STOCK which surprised me! The price was double the old price of $40.00/m. I got the max of 2/m of small rifle which is the only caliber that was available. This is the alot less then what some of the other shops are asking and getting.
Sam