PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Drugs shipped under water via New wave of NARCO SUBS

rayg
11-05-2020, 03:18
New wave of NARCO SUBS: Built by drug lords in the Colombian jungle, they can sail all the way to Europe - underwater and undetected - with up to £180m of cocaine as Colombian drug cartels employ engineers to develop new narco submarines and most of the vessels sit incredibly low in the water to avoid detection by radar

One cartel has employed Russian engineers to develop a fully submersible sub
US Coast Guard cutters have intercepted several of the illicit drug submarines

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8915121/South-American-drug-cartels-launch-fleet-narco-subs.html

SUPERX-M1
11-05-2020, 04:14
I have wondered if towed fully submersibles have been used. If detected, detach and come back later, and proceed. Could use a series of ships to tow.

Satellite imagery has probably been used.

m1ashooter
11-05-2020, 07:31
Good article. The easy solution is to just legalize the drugs and tax it. As long as people have a thirst for the product they will consume it. My son is a Coastie so I follow their news feeds. The amount of drugs they intercept is stagger and the losses to the Cartels is huge but yet it still keeps coming. The War on Drugs isn't winnable.

dryheat
11-05-2020, 10:01
Amazing. I knew they had subs but I didn't know they could go clear across the Atlantic. Crime, what next. Someone makes those little devices that they use to Skim(I think that's the word) gas pumps to steal your charge card info. You can buy devices online to use to commit crime. Someone can walk past a person with a wifi kind of device and steal the code from your smart car key and then use it to unlock and start your very expensive car. Don't cha just love techknowlogy? Oops, sorry we ran over your sub, didn't see it there.

jon_norstog
11-06-2020, 10:18
Speakinjgh of high tech, someone just moved a billion dollars in bitcoin out of an account belonging to the now-imprisoned owner of the "Silk Road" on-line contraband sales website. It was a sort of eBay for guns, RPGs, drugs of all kinds, sex and trafficking ... HEY! The feds caught up to the person, "Individual X" who was definitely NOT the owner of the loot, but someone who hacked the owner's wallet.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/nov/06/us-seizes-1bn-in-bitcoin-linked-to-silk-road-site

enjoy!

jn

Sunray
11-06-2020, 10:33
"...new narco submarines..." Are more submersibles than submarines. Kind of like David Bushnell's 'Turtle' in 1775, but with a fiberglass hull. I wouldn't want to be in one of 'em in Mid-Atlantic even in good weather.