PDA

View Full Version : Wts: Winchester m1 garand rifle with original cmp box and paperwork from 1998

Marcus
01-04-2021, 12:11
Serial number 2376895.

Barrel is SA-10-47

Trigger group is HRA

Op rod is WRA

Bolt is D28287-12SA

Rear sight is NOT lockbar.

I have no idea what the other parts are, other than what is listed above.

I bought this rifle from CMP November 16, 1998. It was whatever their highest available "less wood" grade was back then. When it arrived, it had the nice set of walnut handguards that are still on it (I don't know if they are Winchester or SA), but there was no buttstock.

At the time I had a pile of nice original Garand wood, so I put one of my stocks on it. I seem to recall that the stock I put on it is an original WW2 Winchester stock that was arsenal refurbished - it does not have any visible traces of the WRA cartouche, but does have a little boxed "3 stars over eagle" on the left side of the stock, and a circled plain P on the front of the grip.

I don't know the muzzle or throat, have no way of measuring them, and back then CMP didn't list the specs for them on the paperwork. It has a beautiful bore that is bright and shiny with sharp rifling.

Overall I'd rate the whole rifle in excellent condition.

Other than the stock which I added, this rifle is untouched and unfired, exactly as I received it in November 1998. I just now took it out of the box for the first time in 22 years.

CMP has been out of Winchesters, and any other high grade rifles like this, for a long time. If they should happen to get any more in the future, those would be listed on their auction page, and would go quickly for a high price.

THIS IS NOT A $650 BEATER WITH MIXED PARTS, HEAVY JUNGLE RUST PITTING UNDER NEW PARKERIZING, WITH AN AFTERMARKET STOCK SET AND BARREL.

THIS RIFLE IS "OLD SCHOOL", "BACK IN THE DAY", "AS GOOD AS IT GETS" - you will not see another one like it anytime soon. This is from my personal long-time collection, that many folks here are familiar with, and I don't collect junk.

I'm only selling this to raise funds for some eye surgery on one of the dogs here at the dog and wolf-hybrid rescue I run, so THE PRICE IS FIRM and I am not interested in any trades.

The price is $1,550 shipped FIRM.

This will be listed on other sites, so the first definite and unconditional "I'll take it" to my EMAIL at vonweigert(at)earthlink.net gets it

Postal Money Order is preferred method of payment, but other MO or check will work also. NO PAYPAL or other online payment.

PHOTOS: These are the only ones I have and this is the best my cheap old little camera could do right now; if possible I will take and post better photos later today, when I have decent lighting.

Marcus
01-04-2021, 12:18
More photos

Marcus
01-04-2021, 12:20
One more, for now.

Marcus
03-02-2021, 10:58
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^