PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Hands

togor
01-12-2021, 10:58
Years ago at a job we all had our own toolboxes in the lab, engineers and techs alike. One tech, a nice guy and very capable, had the peculiar misfortune that his steel tools all seemed to be rusty.

Consequently nobody wanted to loan him their tools, only to see them rust up. In some cases, rusting in a fingerprint pattern even. He said it was always like that for him, just something he had to live with.

Imagine having that curse as a gun owner, collector.

barretcreek
01-12-2021, 11:07
Mosquitoes were allergic to my advisor. We spent a lot of time out in the field and while they were feasting on the rest of us he was left alone.

bruce
01-12-2021, 12:15
Re: his steel tools all seemed to be rusty. This is more common than might be expected. Used to think it was just poor work practices. Not the case. Sincerely. bruce.

lyman
01-12-2021, 12:18
that's why I keep a pint of Ballistol behind the table, and a handful of rags, at gunshows,

Mr Sweaty Paws likes to leave a mark

Billy Beeza
01-14-2021, 12:48
Yep, I had a family member that couldn't wear a wrist watch. They'd always fail to run through no negligence on his part.

barretcreek
01-14-2021, 02:44
Be interesting to see if this is connected to a pathology or immunity.

Merc
01-14-2021, 03:16
More likely caused by the corrosive salty sweat on his hands.

Major Tom
01-15-2021, 01:14
More likely caused by the corrosive salty sweat on his hands.

I had an Uncle who had that. He had a habit of using the refrigerator to lean on when talking. His hand actually dissolved the finish!

pcox
01-15-2021, 11:48
Yep, I had a family member that couldn't wear a wrist watch. They'd always fail to run through no negligence on his part.

Before I retired I couldn't wear a wind up watch. Welding all day, everyday, they became magnetized in a couple of weeks. A pocket watch was the answer.