PDA

View Full Version : Had to call it off

barretcreek
03-03-2021, 12:16
Wisconsin had a Woof hunt. 216 killed in three days, which was about 3X the allowed take.

TFB. Bunny huggers got them on the ballot here, barely passed. The counties which voted 'yea' don't get them. Those who voted 'nay' get stuck with them.

JB White
03-04-2021, 12:46
I looked at the hunt map. Mostly all central and north woods. Places where reintroduced wolf populations have been wreaking havoc for years.
DNR issued a statement saying they should have probably called the hunt off sooner. Somehow I get the feeling behind the scenes they were celebrating the success.

Your typo threw me off. Woof vs Wolf. My first impression was Yote or Coy-dog at first, but I knew those are varmints so I didn't grasp the context right away.
Bunny hugger counties cry over game management but build their homes over cleared land and destroyed hedgerows. Let a yote grab Fifi the designer dog, or a wolf tear up one of the kids,.deer in the garden or through the windshield etc and they make demands that somebody do something. Like moving them to a Motel6?

lyman
03-04-2021, 04:18
I looked at the hunt map. Mostly all central and north woods. Places where reintroduced wolf populations have been wreaking havoc for years.
DNR issued a statement saying they should have probably called the hunt off sooner. Somehow I get the feeling behind the scenes they were celebrating the success.

Your typo threw me off. Woof vs Wolf. My first impression was Yote or Coy-dog at first, but I knew those are varmints so I didn't grasp the context right away.
Bunny hugger counties cry over game management but build their homes over cleared land and destroyed hedgerows. Let a yote grab Fifi the designer dog, or a wolf tear up one of the kids,.deer in the garden or through the windshield etc and they make demands that somebody do something. Like moving them to a Motel6?

friend has a connection,

he is an avid bow hunter,
his very small club of like minded bow hunters and has access to a very high end neighborhood,

bow only,
clean kills only,
get the deer and get gone quick, no hanging around bragging and pic taking,

some home owners allow a stand in a tree out back, some don't want anything to do with it publicly, but appreciate the results, ,

Major Tom
03-04-2021, 05:15
People who want and allow in city deer hunting want it for one reason only....."those damn deer eat my flowers". Sooner or later a missed bow shot will hit a city person and probably kill them!

lyman
03-04-2021, 06:14
People who want and allow in city deer hunting want it for one reason only....."those damn deer eat my flowers". Sooner or later a missed bow shot will hit a city person and probably kill them!

not likely,.

my friend and his group are restricted to hunting from Stands only, 15' or so off the ground,

they have the agreement that they will not take the shot if there is a chance wounding, vs clean kill,

keep in mind a bow will kill, but it is not likely to drop them on the spot,

they are successful, but honestly, not putting much of an impact on the population yet