PDA

View Full Version : Lesson learned

barretcreek
03-09-2021, 03:08
Dropped my ATM card after making the withdrawal. !@#$@#$ machine ate my money while I was picking it up.
Fortunately it was at the branch my account is at; they are going to make sure the money is credited back to me at the end of the day audit.

If that was at a gas station or kiosk I'd probably have to eat it.

JB White
03-13-2021, 07:08
Electronic eye thought you left when you bent down....?
Thanks for mentioning that as I never thought about it kicking in while I was still in front of the machine.
I wonder how tall you must be? Certain 'height impaired' types must have a lot of problems with those things.

dryheat
03-13-2021, 10:35
In the "old days" the ATM didn't remind you to take your card before getting the money. I left mine in and after a moment or two it sucked the card inside. Now, you don't get the $ before being reminded to take out the debit card. Which, by the way I never use for anything except cash withdrawals. And I haven't done that in a long time.

barretcreek
03-13-2021, 10:53
I think it was a time thing, not that I'd 'left'. What surprised me was the machine didn't signal 'transaction canceled', the way gas pumps do.
But hey, Banksters.

bdm
03-13-2021, 11:26
I am old and i like old school banking you cash your check and the money is yours now i have to go to a ATM for cash now thank you for the heads up barretcreek about bending down away from the ATM Camera. Growing up we had no cell phones computers calculators just a small TV set to look at at the end of the day after you did your chores give me the good old days anytime

Mark in Ottawa
03-14-2021, 04:56
I didn't know that. Thanks for posting