PDA

View Full Version : where would you go

one shot
10-03-2021, 08:26
With the country as fractured as it is and no way to fix it , what country would you consider moving to .

kj47
10-03-2021, 09:17
Canada, although they maybe headed that way too.

barretcreek
10-03-2021, 10:48
There is nowhere to go. Did you take an oath to protect and defend the Constitution?

togor
10-03-2021, 12:26
Don't go to Britain. No guns, no gas.

kj47
10-03-2021, 01:29
Right, Britain, very restrictive no revolvers or pistols nor semi auto rifles nor pump shotguns. No thank you.

lyman
10-03-2021, 01:44
Right, Britain, very restrictive no revolvers or pistols nor semi auto rifles nor pump shotguns. No thank you.

Isle of Mann and North Ireland are less restrictive

beer in Ireland is almost as good as England

kj47
10-03-2021, 02:52
Wonder what's is available in North Ireland?

Art
10-03-2021, 03:17
There is no place to go. I remember when conservatives, including gun enthusiasts loved talking about going to Australia. Well we see how that worked out. Then there are all the folks who retired in Mexico, that isn't so good right now either. You may be able to go to a better place in this country but really, that's your option.

When this country goes, and it will someday, it may well take what's left of Western Civilization down with it.

Major Tom
10-04-2021, 04:33
Don't go to Britain. No guns, no gas.

Oatmeal brains Biden will take care of OUR firearms and fossil fuels! He said so!

bruce
10-04-2021, 08:43
Never have been a fan of Chicken Little as a nursery story. Not interested in CL 2.0 ... i.e., the end is coming. Sincerely. bruce.

Mark in Ottawa
10-04-2021, 11:19
In spite of our jerk of a Prime Minister, Canada is still a great place to live. Of some comfort is the fact that although Trudeau won a minority government, the majority of Canadians did not vote for him.

Our beer is good; our food is good; the country is generally safe; the schools are very good; our taxes are higher than in the US but we have universal medical insurance; in spite of the myths about our weather, the weather in southern Ontario, southern Quebec and our Atlantic provinces is not much different than New England and the weather in the Vancouver area is not much different than Washington state; you can own firearms but essentially you cannot carry them for protection unless you are provably under threat (I am acquainted with someone who had a very rare carry permit and he actually shot and wounded someone who was trying to rob his bakery); the police and the civil service are honest and trusted; and finally, Canada is very welcoming to both visitors and immigrants (sometimes too welcoming in my opinion)

Allen
10-04-2021, 12:03
Canada is very welcoming to both visitors and immigrants (sometimes too welcoming in my opinion)

That will be Canada's downfall as it has been for all the other civilized nations.

barretcreek
10-04-2021, 01:49
I remember when conservatives, including gun enthusiasts loved talking about going to Australia.

Spent a few months in Australia in '79, thinking of emigrating there. Even though I was mainly up Cape York I saw the authoritarian bent and left Oz in the rear view mirror.

Hal O'Peridol
10-04-2021, 09:01
I'd move back to central Kentucky. All four seasons including the 5th one, tornado season. Good fishing and hunting, excellent bourbon and craft beer, fantastic BBQ and other regional foods.

jon_norstog
10-06-2021, 10:05
I kind of like it right here where I am. I wish Oregon F&G's controlled hunt system would go away, and I am not crazy about needing a state license for salt water fishing, and it hardly pays to grow your own food in Portland what with the water billing rates ... but here I am! We used to talk about moving to Thailand, but now the old King is gone and the new one is just a front man for a bunch kleptocrats who are selling the country to China. Norway is too cold. And we are taking our good times where we can, long as we can.

jn

dryheat
10-06-2021, 10:39
I keep thinking Montana or at least S. Dakota should be just about right these days, what with G-W and all. Arizona is getting warmer if you can believe that. It's not just warm, it's freakin hot. It can kill. A/C saves us, but what if the rich decide they can afford $900 a month. I like the idea, it would kill off a lot of the riff-raff but that would include me.

kj47
10-07-2021, 11:07
Went to New Brunswick for a weeks vacation, loved the province. went to a wal mart tothe sporting goods dept. talking to the counter person, told him where i cam from Very freindly chap but he said he could not show me any firearms with out some sort of foid or what ever they call it. A beautiful place, nice &clean no junk laying around. Roads were in good. Cost of this must be $$$$$$$. And people were very friendly. This was ten yrs ago.