PDA

View Full Version : Remember all my bichn about the new washing machine?

dryheat
10-08-2021, 08:47
Well, I got my ducks in a row and had a repair man come out to look it over. Turns out I'm covered for a year(Best Buy only fifteen days). As soon as he walked in he said, I think I know what the problem is. Turns out Whirlpool got a batch of bad agitator(what they call the impeller) motors(about the size of a baseball). They have been replacing them a lot. The guy was in and out in twenty minutes. No charge. So, how did a big company manage this screw up? And, I figured out the settings so I actually have plenty of water in the tub. It's still a girls washing machine in my opinion.

Allen
10-08-2021, 10:41
Glad you got some service and are able to use the machine now.

Wonder how long that baseball size motor is going to last?

With all the "improvements, upgrades, and updates" it's a miracle anything at all works.

togor
10-08-2021, 04:26
Size of the motor isn't as much an issue as the QC. Covid could easily have messed up a production line somewhere.

The one we have is the old Speed Queen laundromat style. Top loading, no bells or whistles, but built to last.

PWC
10-08-2021, 05:42
The failure probability of a machine is inversely proportional to its ease of repair.

A System wil fail immediately after a quality control inspection, and the most important technical information will not be available.