PDA

View Full Version : Colin Powell

one shot
10-18-2021, 07:29
Has passed away the world will miss him .

Allen
10-18-2021, 07:44
Only the democrats. He was a turncoat, a traitor to his political party who put him where he was.

I feel the pasing of Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou) of the old Andy Griffith Show will be missed much more. I think only Ellie ( Elinor Donahue ) and Opie remain alive from the regular cast.

Roadkingtrax
10-18-2021, 03:38
Only the democrats. He was a turncoat, a traitor to his political party who put him where he was.

I feel the pasing of Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou) of the old Andy Griffith Show will be missed much more. I think only Ellie ( Elinor Donahue ) and Opie remain alive from the regular cast.

Bless your little heart.

dogtag
10-18-2021, 03:41
I missed Miss Moneypenny when she died, I won't miss Powell.

Merc
10-19-2021, 10:12
I won’t miss him. It is interesting that he was fully vaccinated.

lyman
10-19-2021, 11:23

he was fighting Parkinson's and some type of Leukemia (undergoing treatments) when he got the cooties

bruce
10-19-2021, 12:02
Don't know much about him. Understand that when a left leaning liberal dies, the press immediately canonizes him. Am sure his family loved him. He was already in a mess with the Parkinson's and Leukemia so not surprising that he was not able to weather the ChiCombug. Sincerely. bruce.

jon_norstog
10-19-2021, 02:33
General Powell was like a lot of us. He did some good, he did some harm. He did two tours in Vietnam. He did his own wrenching on his Volvo 122 S.

RIP

jn

barretcreek
10-19-2021, 02:43
While the press is respecting his family's declaration of 'covid complications', I think after an interval there could be a discussion of covid accelerating the toll of serious illnesses.

Johnny P
10-19-2021, 07:07

The vaccination does not totally prevent the covid, but over 90% of those that die from the covid have not had the vaccine.

As mentioned he had two other deadly complications, and may have just had covid when he died.

dryheat
10-19-2021, 10:12
The vaccination does not totally prevent the covid, but over 90% of those that die from the covid have not had the vaccine.

As mentioned he had two other deadly complications, and may have just had covid when he died.

Americans have to argue about everything. I mean EVERYTHING. Colin(kind of an unlucky name like Crapo)Powell was someone I liked to listen to. Couldn't tell you a thing he said, but I remember that I liked his presentation. He was an old man. He had numerous afflictions. He got Covid and he died. End of story. Sort of. Covid is new. It is running amuck. That's what's different about it. We have all had the flu. We haven't had Covid-19. If your old and you die you can find someone(not you) to blame your death on the Vaccine. End of story. Actually, I hear the plague is playing it's self out some. With no help from naysayers who are mostly people who want to use someone else's death(whether old or not) to cement their argument.

Merc
10-20-2021, 04:48

Totally agree.

The vaccine won?t prevent infection. 99% of the time, it will prevent serious illness and death by ramping up the immune system. We will all be exposed to COVID at some point in time. Many vaccinated people will become infected by the virus, and develop some minor symptoms that last for a short time and might isolate for a while until the symptoms are gone. Others will be asymptomatic so they are unaware of their infection and continue to circulate in public and spread the virus. That is the real danger to the anti-vaccine crowd.

Mark in Ottawa
10-20-2021, 11:27
Speaking as a non-American I can say that he was highly respected. My view, and perhaps that of others, is that he was someone who put his loyalty and his efforts to the betterment of his country, rather than to the betterment of a particular political party or an ideology. That leads to progress based on compromise (noting that no Party or ideology is perfect) rather than to confrontation and gridlock.

dogtag
10-20-2021, 12:02
You believe Fauci ? Most who died were suffering from some disease. Covid merely finished them off.

Allen
10-20-2021, 12:25
Speaking as a non-American I can say that he was highly respected. My view, and perhaps that of others, is that he was someone who put his loyalty and his efforts to the betterment of his country, rather than to the betterment of a particular political party or an ideology. That leads to progress based on compromise (noting that no Party or ideology is perfect) rather than to confrontation and gridlock.

Thanks for the kind words for a neighbor American, however, he supported obama and biden and look what the 2 of them have done to the betterment of his/our country. He was also anti-Trump who was pro-military. What military leader (from this country) could possibly be loyal to his country but support biden?

Merc
10-20-2021, 01:14
Thanks for the kind words for a neighbor American, however, he supported obama and biden and look what the 2 of them have done to the betterment of his/our country. He was also anti-Trump who was pro-military. What military leader (from this country) could possibly be loyal to his country but support biden?

Totally agree.

Roadkingtrax
10-20-2021, 02:13

So, he was aligned with most of the country and the world.

Let's Go Allen!

one shot
11-05-2021, 11:09
By the time most read this it will all be over , Gods speed General .

Johnny P
11-05-2021, 06:28
So, he was aligned with most of the country and the world.

Either Powell played the race game and switched his party affiliation to democrat to support Obama because of race, or he had already lost it and continuing to support looney tunes Biden. Not a well thought out decision.

The world is behind Biden? Admittedly, the tee shirt and cap manufacturers do love Biden. LET'S GO BRANDON!

dryheat
11-06-2021, 12:35
Not a well thought out post. Powell was a gentleman.

Major Tom
11-06-2021, 06:22
They finely laid the old boy to rest today!

Roadkingtrax
11-06-2021, 12:39
Either Powell played the race game and switched his party affiliation to democrat to support Obama because of race, or he had already lost it and continuing to support looney tunes Biden. Not a well thought out decision.

The world is behind Biden? Admittedly, the tee shirt and cap manufacturers do love Biden. LET'S GO BRANDON!

The extreme right idiots have a new toy.

Johnny P
11-06-2021, 12:55
The extreme right idiots have a new toy.

And in your world you think the rest of the world is aligned with Biden? So who is the idiot?

Roadkingtrax
11-06-2021, 02:16
And in your world you think the rest of the world is aligned with Biden? So who is the idiot?

I don't think that at all, the voters demonstrated it for you. Let's Go Brandon indeed!

dryheat
11-08-2021, 11:08
Who the hell is Brandon?

dryheat
11-09-2021, 02:50
You believe Fauci ? Most who died were suffering from some disease. Covid merely finished them off.

The old man's friend. The early name they had for pnumonia. Back when doctoring and Voodoo were closer. 1918 inspired people to find out more about what had happened. Not saying that getting knocked off by pnumonia isn't a good thing. It's OK.

JB White
11-13-2021, 06:12
Way back when Powell was considered to be a front runner by the GOP for POTUS, I would have voted for him in a heartbeat.
Short story: Powell openly declined saying he wanted to be Colin Powell, President. Not labeled as the first black President.
Disappointed but I fully respected him and his decision.

Times changed. Powell saw and heard things that didn?t sit well with him. His party shifted directions he was no longer comfortable with.
To me that wasn?t being a traitor. He was a man who stood for what he believed in. Agree or disagree with his position concerning changing trends, I still respected the man as a man.

Speaking of changing minds, was Ronald Reagan a traitor? I think not. But to some it depends on whether or not they like it going their way or the other way.
Double standards?.,

Allen
11-13-2021, 07:07
Powell was in an administration of RINO's in the first place with Bush but no matter how much a party may shift that is no reason to align yourself with people like obama and biden. Not if you represent THIS country.