PDA

View Full Version : Ammo production

Allen
10-27-2021, 07:26
Perhaps an item or two that we hadn't thought of in the shortage of ammo. An emphasis placed on primer and powder production would help many of us.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arkansas-plant-tackling-ammo-shortage-110712788.html

one shot
10-27-2021, 09:03
Ammo is still out of stock in Pa , I think it shows up even here with the lack of interest in shooting sports forums . If they want ammo to come back it will but at what price .

Allen
10-27-2021, 09:13
Just now starting to come back, as in a small handful, here in lower Alabama at WalMart. Prices are now elevated which surprised me because WM tends to hold prices where they were.

This may be a new "normal" or perhaps to prevent the shelves from emptying as fast.

togor
10-27-2021, 02:53
I wonder if Uncle Sam will need less out of Lake City and consequently there will be more XM ammo available in 7.62 and 5.56 calibers

dogtag
10-27-2021, 03:41
Milquetoast Milly's Woke Army doesn't need Ammo.

lyman
10-27-2021, 03:44
I wonder if Uncle Sam will need less out of Lake City and consequently there will be more XM ammo available in 7.62 and 5.56 calibers

well we ain't shooting up the sandbox any more are we?

so maybe

unless we are giving pallets away as aid

barretcreek
10-27-2021, 04:30
Bought some Federal ('06 or .270) at Wally for under $20 this summer. Like to see some LC for what I paid in SC in '03.

Merc
10-28-2021, 06:04
Just curious - Anyone been to the range much? I went once in early summer and fired about a dozen reloaded .303 Brits. I have a couple hundred reloads but felt like I was wasting ammo.

one shot
10-28-2021, 06:37
I'm with you Merc we meet drink coffee at the range but not much shooting maybe a .22 but everybody is holding there ammo . One thing I've loaded alot of my old brass with cast bullets .

Art
10-28-2021, 06:37
Just curious - Anyone been to the range much? I went once in early summer and fired about a dozen reloaded .303 Brits. I have a couple hundred reloads but felt like I was wasting ammo.

When it comes to obsolescent/vintage ammo I definitely understand where you're coming from. I checked Midway and hunting ammo is higher than a cat's back if they have it in stock. That goes for blasting ammo in obsolete or obsolescent calibers. I have several hundred rounds of .303 British and the last time I went to the range I shot some of it but I did have a little bit of a twinge when I took it out of the ammo locker. I bought some vintage .303 years ago for bullet pulls. I still have the cases with the cordite and paper wads in them. I loaded up 20 reloadable cases with new primers and that old cordite and it worked fine. It's a last resort, cordite burns a lot hotter than I'd like..... but I'm thinking about it again.

one shot
10-28-2021, 08:12
This thread shows how much we love the collecting , shooting sport that is being taken from us all .

togor
10-28-2021, 09:14
This thread shows how much we love the collecting , shooting sport that is being taken from us all .

Well I know of nobody who buys the ammo in bulk just to bury it in a pit so that real shooters don't get at it. If people have stopped shooting because of the rate at which other gun owners are buying up ammunition, well that's a choice no different than a $10 cup of coffee.

one shot
10-28-2021, 11:21
togor I never said anybodies buying up ammo , fact is it's all a hoax ammo is being held up from being sold period . The powers that be are controlling everything we truly have one governing power that has total power elections are just a ruse to make us think we are free . They know it's come to a boiling point and the WOOF TICKET is about to be called . Now go look up woof ticket .

togor
10-28-2021, 12:40
togor I never said anybodies buying up ammo , fact is it's all a hoax ammo is being held up from being sold period . The powers that be are controlling everything we truly have one governing power that has total power elections are just a ruse to make us think we are free . They know it's come to a boiling point and the WOOF TICKET is about to be called . Now go look up woof ticket .

Ammo being held off the shelves?

I've seen a few panics now. This one doesn't really look all that different, except that there was a lot more firearm buying to go with it. That points to more ammo demand that is taking longer to clear.

As long as there are guys willing to spend $1/rnd for FMJ handgun ammo that's where the price will stick.

one shot
10-28-2021, 04:28
togors world https://youtu.be/iJFGAX77zw4

dryheat
10-28-2021, 09:14
Three seconds and I was gone. Maybe a little less.