PDA

View Full Version : B-grade western has a gun accident

dryheat
10-28-2021, 10:38
-The fatal shooting by Alec Baldwin on a movie set has put a microscope on an often-unseen corner of the film industry where critics say the pursuit of profit can lead to unsafe working conditions.-

In the first place, why is a renowned actor like Baldwin doing a low grade movie like this?

I agree with the initial paragraph. The part about unsafe working conditions. Not that that means someone was eating a banana near the work place. Well,hell, if you guys know gun safety, you know what I mean. It looks like a B-grade movie run by ametures. I can never spell that. Hey, ever fired a rnd. by mistake? I have. But no one got shot. I can count on one hand people I know who have fired a rd. into the floor or ceiling.
It could be a $100 sought after profit and still be safe.

JohnMOhio
10-29-2021, 12:09
I was taught very early, that when someone hands you a firearm, to personally check if it is loaded. You do not accept the word of someone else. They can make mistakes.

dryheat
10-29-2021, 12:14
I was taught very early, that when someone hands you a firearm, to personally check if it is loaded. You do not accept the word of someone else. They can make mistakes.
I don't like it when a little kid waves a toy gun at me.

Major Tom
10-29-2021, 04:54
Alec Baldwin was footing the cost of the movie 'Rust'. Apparently he could not afford 'good' or reliable help! He is also a proponet of gun laws and hates the NRA! I assume he is a 'know-it-all' type of dumb Hollywood actors! The investigation hasn't ruled out anything yet EXCEPT it was not an accident! It was said 'they' were using that Pietta reproduction SA revolver earlier for target practice. Obviously there were loaded rounds in the area. It is easy to check a SA revolver for loaded chambers; Alec did not use good judgement and caused an unnessarary death and injury! He was/is responsible for that! IMHO, Alec should be charged with unintentional manslaughter!

Allen
10-29-2021, 08:08
How many of us, if handed a gun and told it was unloaded or "cold" would aim it at someone and pull the trigger w/o checking it ourselves?

Art
10-29-2021, 12:38
This has happened before. Brandon Lee, the son of Bruce Lee, was killed in an almost identical situation. There was another situation where an actor shot himself with a blank and died.

If the movie industry partnered with the NRA for firearms training for everybody this would be much less likely to happen, but unfortunately, for political reasons, that will never happen. Baldwin is a big anti gunner which means he didn't like guns so didn't know much about them. Training for guys like him is even more important.

dogtag
10-29-2021, 04:23
Unless you're suicidal, never hand a gun to a liberal.
Only an idiot like Baldwin would accept a gun as being unloaded without checking.
And why do these liberals call them Prop Guns ? That makes them sound like toys.

barretcreek
10-30-2021, 08:13
And why do these liberals call them Prop Guns ?

Bought a 'prop gun' at a show. All SAA parts, matching SN. Took it apart to clean it and saw the frame was cast. Took it back to the guy and got my money back. Have pics somewhere.
That's a 'prop gun'.

Allen
10-30-2021, 10:22
Yep. Prop guns are fake guns that are suppose to look real.

Some are made of resin. Some like the M1A1 movie gun I posted on another thread was made of wood, stamped metal parts, rivited together, etc. It had no means to chamber or fire a round, not even a blank.

Blank pistols I've seen and owned are short chambered and didn't have a bore. The flash was directed through a port on the top of the barrel. No way to fire a live round unless a lot of modifying were to be made.

The real gun used on this set was being shot by crew members blasting beer cans according to reports. So whoever was in charge of safety knew the gun had been loaded with live rounds at some point.

All the news articles you read though refer this pistol as a prop gun I think mostly to protect the stupid who were handling it.

These same type people walk among us, vote (many times) and reproduce.

dogtag
10-30-2021, 04:03
The "Armorer" was a young Girl who was "Nervous" around guns. Who the hell hired her ?