PDA

View Full Version : Rio Lobo

togor
01-12-2022, 10:06
Online, free to watch, with occasional commercials.

A movie my dad and I enjoyed watching together.

Always like the scenes with Jennifer O'Neill in them too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WK3nQn8F5g

bruce
01-12-2022, 10:52
One of the good ones. Sincerely. bruce.

togor
01-12-2022, 03:18
Jack Elam perfect in this one too.

Art
01-12-2022, 03:19
I saw this when I was in college. To me it was a little different than a lot of John Wayne movies. It seemed to have a little '60s influence and sometimes more than a little tongue in cheek. All in all, good entertainment. There are a lot of the usual gang in the supporting roles.

I remember watching Jennifer O'Neill in "The Summer of '42." Now that's one you would never be able to make today!!!

barretcreek
01-12-2022, 03:39
Thank you for posting Togor. Will watch tonight.

Art, Do you think Flip Wilson would be on T.V. now?

Art
01-12-2022, 03:49
You know, I don't know about Wilson. There are a lot of comedians from back then who would have a hard time today. Just look at what they tried to do to Dave Chappell. Chappell has the right idea, he just doesn't care, does't apologize, and continues to march.

tmark
01-12-2022, 05:45
I love most of John Wayne's movies!

lyman
01-13-2022, 06:19
You know, I don't know about Wilson. There are a lot of comedians from back then who would have a hard time today. Just look at what they tried to do to Dave Chappell. Chappell has the right idea, he just doesn't care, does't apologize, and continues to march.

I would bet that a good portion of the 60's and 70's comedians, and shows, would not make it today,

all in the family, the Jeffersons, not a chance

Barney Miller probably would not make it,

surely Sanford and Son would not,

comedians,,

don rickles would be hung

Allen
01-13-2022, 06:31
I'm surprised Airplane and Blazing Saddles are still shown.

Art
01-13-2022, 07:58
I'm surprised Airplane and Blazing Saddles are still shown.

On commercial TV Blazing Saddles is usually so edited it isn't funny...literally.

Allen
01-13-2022, 08:09
On commercial TV Blazing Saddles is usually so edited it isn't funny...literally.

Just like Disney's "Song of the South" we probably need to buy an uncut DVD before they are completely outlawed.

I recent bought a complete set of the "Little Rascal's" DVD's. Among them is "The kid from Borneo" which the networks stopped playing back when I was young.

lyman
01-13-2022, 09:44
Just like Disney's "Song of the South" we probably need to buy an uncut DVD before they are completely outlawed.

I recent bought a complete set of the "Little Rascal's" DVD's. Among them is "The kid from Borneo" which the networks stopped playing back when I was young.

my first movie as a kid (in the big theater) was The Jungle Book,

think I saw every Disney film after that ,

I remember Song of the South in the theater, , (re release in 72 or so?)

somewhere I have an Uncle Remus / B'rer Rabbit board game too,

Allen
01-13-2022, 10:29
my first movie as a kid (in the big theater) was The Jungle Book,

think I saw every Disney film after that ,

I remember Song of the South in the theater, , (re release in 72 or so?)

somewhere I have an Uncle Remus / B'rer Rabbit board game too,

Ditto for the game board. Packed somewhere at my Mothers house--haven't seen it 60 years or so but it's there.

Saw "Song of the South" in the mid 80's with my young son and daughter. They remember it.

As per my posting above, I got the interest and just purchased the VHS from a seller on ebay. It was banned for no practical reason before DVD's came out so there are no original DVD copies to be had. Here is a site though if anyone is interested that took the film footage from the VHS and put it on DVD.

https://www.songofthesouth.org/

Intend on buying a couple of Blazing Saddle DVD's just to have in case I ever get grandchildren. It's just a matter of time before it will be banned by the democrats probably as soon as Mel Brooks passes on.

dogtag
01-17-2022, 05:31
I have a dvd of Song of the South.
Can't figure what's bad about a Black Man reading stories to kids.

togor
01-17-2022, 05:47
I have a dvd of Song of the South.
Can't figure what's bad about a Black Man reading stories to kids.

Contented slaves on the ol' plantation, happy in their servitude. What's not to like?

lyman
01-17-2022, 06:00
Ditto for the game board. Packed somewhere at my Mothers house--haven't seen it 60 years or so but it's there.

Saw "Song of the South" in the mid 80's with my young son and daughter. They remember it.

As per my posting above, I got the interest and just purchased the VHS from a seller on ebay. It was banned for no practical reason before DVD's came out so there are no original DVD copies to be had. Here is a site though if anyone is interested that took the film footage from the VHS and put it on DVD.

https://www.songofthesouth.org/

Intend on buying a couple of Blazing Saddle DVD's just to have in case I ever get grandchildren. It's just a matter of time before it will be banned by the democrats probably as soon as Mel Brooks passes on.

my mother's second cousin was in Blazing Saddles,
he was also in the Big Lebowski, (he was the Big Lebowski)

his mother, my Aunt of some degree, ran an Antique shop in the Roanoke VA area

jon_norstog
01-17-2022, 06:38

How 'bout Redd Foxx? Or Richard Pryor? Wonder if they could get onto whatever passes for TV these days.

jn

dryheat
01-17-2022, 10:57
BLM or that other thing. So, some towns have banned Critical something. Like radio stations banned Rap. That was years ago. The wave has passed, we still can listen to Buck Owens if we want to.

Allen
01-18-2022, 04:16
How 'bout Redd Foxx? Or Richard Pryor? Wonder if they could get onto whatever passes for TV these days.

jn

Eddie Murphy?

Skits from old SNL's where he mimicked Buckwheat, Stevie Wonder and others.