PDA

View Full Version : Lets go way back

dryheat
01-12-2022, 09:22
-The three most distant quasars currently known were discovered since 2018 ? each located more than 13 billion light-years away. The James Webb Space Telescope will offer researchers new views of these objects in high-resolution infrared light. With these powerful data, a research team aims to refine the calculations of the masses of their black holes, detail the stars in their host galaxies, and survey the galaxies in their neighborhoods. What?s more, their research may influence how we view this early era of the universe.-

When we were kids we all opened up the old trunk and looked at the awards and pictures of old family members. A good way to pass a rainy afternoon.

lyman
01-13-2022, 06:22
every time I hear the word Quasar , I think TV,

I think my grandparents had one,

there will be some interesting stuff coming out of the Webb telescope,

PWC
01-13-2022, 09:49
Let me preface this by saying I have 2 astronomical reflectors and 2 refractor telescopes and 3 spotting scopes that can be used to watch the planets.

I know we gain a lot from the research of trying to look back in time, but even if Scotty invented warp drive today we will never be able to confirm our hypothisis'. Quest for knowledge drives research, practical application of that research fallout makes our lives better....usually.

Oh, well, I guess I'll have to be content to look at stars that are only 4 billion light years away. Anyway, they look exactly like those at 13 billion light years, just points of light that twinkle in different colors. Wish there was a giant revelation that would cause the application of common sense that God gave us, to the problems of the world we live in.

dogtag
01-14-2022, 03:04
Let's reflect on Carol Lombard's insight - "Life's an empty bubble"

lyman
01-14-2022, 04:13
Let's reflect on Carol Lombard's insight - "Life's an empty bubble"

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQPlFLtWDwM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQPlFLtWDwM