PDA

View Full Version : Attempted Robbery

Art
01-24-2022, 11:49
This fellow posts videos of himself from time to time fishing the Houston Bayous. This spot seems to be a favorite of his. This time there was more excitement than a nice bass.

These bayous have lots of cover for bad guys to work. The fisherman was smart enough to be prepared. He did let the bad guys get a bit too close before he acted but all's well that ends well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg2WnSz2l9o

barretcreek
01-24-2022, 12:45
Smart decision but they'll keep at it until they run into the wrong intended victim.

bruce
01-24-2022, 01:34
Does not appear real. Who's doing the filming? Why does the fisherman allow the criminals to merely walk off. Why no appeal to the videographer for help? Sincerely. bruce

Art
01-24-2022, 01:40
Does not appear real. Who's doing the filming? Why does the fisherman allow the criminals to merely walk off. Why no appeal to the videographer for help? Sincerely. bruce

I'm pretty sure its real alright. He has other videos of himself actually catching fish. He sets up a camera on a tripod a distance a way. You will notice the camera never moves an inch and the angle never changes. He isn't the only one who videos fishing trips this way down here. Here's one of him catching a very nice native, that is non Florida hybrid bass in the same area.

There is a gal who videos herself fishing for catfish on Spring Creek near where I live. Her channel has more followers than this old boy's 6,700 or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ElX8RWfu9Y

As far as letting them walk off, what's he going to do? Fist fight them, shoot them, in most cases if the bad guy just leaves the would be victim is really happy. Frankly letting them leave is what I'd do and call the law later.

Even if it was staged, which I very much doubt, its a good argument on why to carry.

lyman
01-24-2022, 04:47
he did right,

pulled wihen needed, kept it real, and then left afterwards,

the bozo's took a walk, and he made sure he would not be there if they decided to save face and come back

bruce
01-24-2022, 05:08
Re: Real. Apologize. Did not realize this gentleman did fishing videos. Only viewed the video. Sincerely. bruce.

Art
01-24-2022, 05:24
Re: Real. Apologize. Did not realize this gentleman did fishing videos. Only viewed the video. Sincerely. bruce.

No apology necessary, Bruce.