PDA

View Full Version : And I Thought you Could Find Anything on You Tube

Art
01-30-2022, 05:31
I have a tumor between my T11 & T12 vertibrae that's causing numbness and and weakness in my legs. At least for the time being I'm in this high end walker I bought. I figured I'd be able to find something on defensive shooting from a walker on you tube but no joy. I guess I'll just have to improvise. The great thing is the device spins on its own axis. I have figured out I won't be able to efficiently reload my Model 640 so I may need to start carrying an auto pistol.

This is no time to look like a target and be defenseless.

lyman
01-30-2022, 06:21
Art

as far as shooting, I have no doubt you find a way to improvise,

there is an older dude I see at a lot shows that has one of those Rol-a-tor type deals,
he has it decked out like a rolling gunshow table, and has a spot on it so that if he gets tired, he can still sit on it if needed,

meanwhile, with out prying into your biz,, I hope you are having that looked at,

my Bro in Law just finished a 2nd round of Chemo, after Radiation, for tumors on his lower spine and a few other spots,

thankfully, his treatments now seem to be working

blackhawknj
01-30-2022, 07:16
Sounds like a good opportunity to produce your own.

one shot
01-31-2022, 08:19
Wish you the best , your determination to over come this amazing never give up .

barretcreek
01-31-2022, 08:54
Best to you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Art
01-31-2022, 09:06
Thanks guys

jon_norstog
02-04-2022, 10:35
Yeah, a tumor is a living thing - if it is messing you up now, who knows what it will do next. Find a doctor you can trust and live a little longer.

jn

Mark in Ottawa
02-06-2022, 07:23
I am somewhat handicapped now and depending on the situation, use 1 cane, 2 canes or a rollator. I have on occasion gone to the pistol range and fired comfortably either from the seat on the rollator or from a chair that the range leaves on site for people who have to sit. My sense is that my (normally poor) shooting has improved when using the chair or the rollator. Since I do not own or shoot revolvers, I can't comment on the ability to reload one from a chair but it seems to me that if you get into a situation where you have to reload one in a hurry, you are unlikely to be able to do so in time to be useful. That would suggest that if you are worried about 5 shots not being enough, then perhaps you should consider a pistol.