PDA

View Full Version : Gunbroker

barretcreek
03-22-2022, 04:57
Spoke to the lady who does listings for me on GB and she said she's switching to another auction site because GB's fees are getting too high.

Have any members selling online found their total fee for a $1000 sale (for example) increasing noticeably? When I put something on GB it starts at a penny with no reserve price- which has worked well for me. I understand various online sites have increased the total fee for small sales.

lyman
03-22-2022, 06:58
auction sold at $999.99 on Gunborker will cost the seller $35

the buyer may pay Sales Tax, depending on what State they are in and pay a compliance fee

Taxes are based on state or zipcode,
the compliance fee is , or appears to be, only on some items, (taxes collected and or FFL item,)
there was an explanation for it on the web at one point, but I cannot find it at the moment

dryheat
03-23-2022, 05:36
I've about had it with GB and selling in general. Just two days ago I got another charge for $45. I guess it has something to do with the gun I sold two months ago. It seems you just keep getting fees for this or that. I know it's taxes and it's listing fees and it's some other fee but it's the Chinese water torture; you just know there's a another charge coming for something. Yes, GB has changed. But I don't know if there is an alternative. It seems to be the thing now, tax the hell out of everyone.

RED
03-27-2022, 12:13
I quit selling on Gunbroker years ago. Out of the blue they started charging me a monthly fee. It was not much, something like $7.75/month. I tried to find out what the fee was for and after dozens of tries over 6 months I was unable to get a reason for the charge and was never able to talk to a live person. In order to stop the charges I had to close the account at the bank. I occasionally look at their site to stay Up on what prices things are bringing but haven?t bought or sold anything via them.

lyman
03-27-2022, 06:30
gunborker was bought by another company, and they have been initiating ebay like fees,

I sell a lot on GBorker, and ebay, and have started up again for some high end collectables on Guns International,

all have their pros and cons

dogtag
03-29-2022, 02:37
You should see my TV cable bill - it has more fees than hairs on my cat

RED
03-30-2022, 04:13
They all have their problems. I sold over $4,500 in fishing rods, lures, and accessories on eBay last year. The most valuable items were $100 and a lot were under $20. It took some learning but it was done for a lady whose husband was s pro bass tournament winner. Auctioneers told her the stuff was only worth $1,200-1,400 at auction and they would get 40% of that.

lyman
03-30-2022, 06:00
They all have their problems. I sold over $4,500 in fishing rods, lures, and accessories on eBay last year. The most valuable items were $100 and a lot were under $20. It took some learning but it was done for a lady whose husband was s pro bass tournament winner. Auctioneers told her the stuff was only worth $1,200-1,400 at auction and they would get 40% of that.

ebay is a PITA sometimes, and nit pick on fees and what you can list,
but they also have a very broad slice of the public that buys from them,

I do a lot of business on ebay

dryheat
03-31-2022, 03:19
I sell things on Ebay once in a while but, I buy loads of stuff there. I use Amazon once in a while too but for some reason I just don't care for way it's set up.